Chapter 5: Quit Playing Games With My Heart

Okay, I'm not sure if it's obvious, but I got the idea to name this chapter from Backstreet Boys' song Quit Playing Games with My Heart. Such an old band... But whatever. Enjoy the chapter :)

_____________

*Dakota’s POV*

Oh, God.

“Hey guys!” Harry shouted to the crowd.

Oh, God.

The boys were on stage. Each standing next to each other. Except for Louis, he was sitting on a stool. “I’m Harry.”

“I’m Liam.”

“I’m Niall!”

“I’m Zayn.”

“I’m Louis!”

Oh, God.

“And we’re…” Harry started and together with the rest of the guys, they finished, “One Direction!”

Screams were let out. It was so loud. I watched the boys as they waved at their fans. Harry went over to stand by Louis, putting an arm over him, “Poor Louis hurt himself going down the stairs. He sprained his ankle in the process.”

The crowd screamed, a way of showing sympathy and asking if he was okay. “I’m fine, though.” Louis said, waving at his fans, “I can still sing.”

I had his crutches right beside me. Kariann and I were standing side-by-side, ready for the concert to start. When it did, we couldn’t help but scream along with the fans. Their first song choice was to get the crowd going. Kiss You: one of our other favorite songs was being played and sung.

I looked over, wanting to share my enjoyment with Kariann, but she had this annoyed look on her face as she stared at her phone. I sighed, grabbing her phone out of her hand and I started to call him. “Dakota, what are you doing?”

I held up a finger. I heard him answer, “Hello?”

I held out the phone, the concert loud enough to ring through the phone. I did that for a couple of seconds before yelling into the phone, “You hear that, Stewart? That’s having fun! Get off your ass and do something!”

I cut him off them and made a show of shutting off her phone. “You don’t let that bastard ruin your fun, Kariann. Enjoy your night.”

I handed back her phone and it was enough to put a smile on her face. “He’s going to be mad.”

“Who cares? Be a rebel.” I grinned at her.

She grinned, turning her head back to the concert. We rocked out until it was time for them to change. Kariann and I gave Louis a sympathetic look as Zayn and Niall helped him off the stage. I handed him his crutches. The pain was still apparent on his face. “Louis?” I asked, “Are you sure you’re okay?”

He nodded, “I’ll be fine. The concert is only for a few hours anyways.”

He went along, trying to hurry so they can do their next set of songs. It took a while, but the fans didn’t care. Strange how patient they were. Oh well, just seeing the guys was enough to make them forgive them. That was it, just me and Kariann watching the guys sing for two hours straight. It was fun, especially the little comments they had as they spoke to us for a brief moment after sets.

The concert ended quicker than we wanted, but it didn’t matter. We were the two luckiest girls out of millions of fans who get to hang out with the guys. So what we did, we sat in the lounge snacking on some food. Niall was already complaining, “I want Nandos.”