Chapter 4: Overwhelming Emotions

*Kariann’s POV*

Boy, did that stink. No, legit, it stunk. I never actually kept count of how many pizza’s Niall ate, but enough to the point we all had to leave the room. We even made him go back inside to crack a window to air out the room. So here we were, sitting along the wall out in the hallway. I stared across the hallway at Dakota. She stared back at me.

Yeah, totally wasn’t expecting this to happen. Either way, as the guys were attacking Niall with his ‘stupidity’, we broke out in smiles with each other. It was our silent conversation with each other. It was stupid, but to put it bluntly, we were sharing our excitement with each other through a staring contest. Until one of us broke, that being Dakota, who just started laughing. I followed soon after, though I wasn’t laughing as hard as she was (she was rolling on the ground by now).

The boys were quiet by now, staring at us. We managed to stop somehow and stare back. “You know, I’m going to miss you girls when we leave.” Niall said, joining the two of us on the floor, “You’re really cool.”

Zayn slid down from the wall to sit down, “Yeah. Same here.”

Louis carefully sat down, making sure not to hurt his ankle. Harry and Liam were next. Somehow we had this make-shift circle on the floor. All of us sitting, well, except for Dakota who was laying on the floor with her lets stretched out on the wall. It didn’t take long for Niall to join her on the position. Dakota craned her neck, smiling at me. It really was a happy day. I was glad the thought of her mother was off her mind. She’s never gone in depth with her feelings about her mother with me, but her expressions and mood was apparent enough.

But still, I was slightly in the same position as her. Every five minutes I’d feel my pocket vibrate. Alex was so desperate to talk to me, but I kept ignoring him. I’ve done sent the text that I was busy, but he wasn’t the type to take the hint. I was taking Dakota’s advice though. I wasn’t going to let him ruin my – our – fun.

“I wonder if we can meet up after this…” Harry thought to himself.

“Wait!” Louis said, looking at Dakota first, “Can I see your phone?”

Dakota gave him a confused look but reached in to get it out and hand it to him. Louis went through it, typing something in. Harry peeked over his shoulder, curious. His eyes widened, “Good idea. Hey, Kariann, can I have yours?”

I got it out, not thinking of the text, and Harry took it. He flashed me a confused look, noticing the excess amount of unread text on my phone. I shrugged at him and he continued with whatever it was he was doing. From there, the phones were passed around to each other the guys. I sort of got the drift whenever I got my phone back. “Send us each a text so we can have your number.” Liam said.

“Make it funny!” Niall said excitedly.

I shook my head, smiling. Wow, there was no way possible we were actually exchanging numbers with the One Direction guys. I decided on what to send them.

To Zayn: Hey, Quiffy. Is your hair always that perfect?

To Liam: Daddy Direction! Glad to finally meet you! :D

To Niall: Niallers! Aren’t your legs numb yet?

To Louis: Sorry about your ankle! I hope it heals soon!

To Harry: We should really avoid Janitor Closets for now on…

Whether it was my text or Dakota’s text, it brought smiles to all of the guy’s faces. It didn’t take long to get a text back.

From Zayn: Actually, yes it is. It has its own personality.

From Liam: You too! I take it you’re the mother out of your group?