Chapter 28: Graduation

*Kariann’s POV*

The rest of the week, with me being with Harry, it flew by way to fast. Toward the end of the vacation, I was locking myself in my little cabin room to finish the music, knowing I plenty of footage to go through. Most of the time Harry would lock himself in there with me, but I would find myself getting distracted from his simple touching, be it brushing my arm with his fingertip, resting his head on my shoulder, or even playing with my hair.

That Thursday, I made him stay out of my room the whole day until I was done. The video was due tomorrow and I didn’t want any distractions. He pouted and promised not to bother me, but I still refused. With his presence near, I knew I wouldn’t be able to get anything done. I did let one person in, though. Dakota came in halfway through the day. She sat down next to me and helped me pick out the best footage to use for the video.

“This is really good.” She murmured. “We’ll win for sure.”

I nodded in agreement. “I hope.”

“Confidence, my friend.” Dakota said, rubbing my shoulder with her hand. “Confidence.”

With nothing much more to say, I finally got all of the main footage I wanted to use picked out. Two straight days of working was really paying off. By Friday, everything was done. The others were dying to watch, so I let them. Dakota had her arms wrapped around me the whole time, excited to be watching.

I got good feedback. Everyone loved it. Some even went to watch it again.

I sent it in. No regrets, no doubts, just confidence.

With my friends by my side, that was all I needed. Our hard work was sure to pay off.

And it did.

*Dakota’s POV*

The diploma was in my hand, my heart racing fast as I drew my closest friends into hugs. Tears were streaming down everyone’s faces but my own. I was never the type to cry in parting from others, because I knew it wasn’t the end. There would be a day we would be together again, be it fate reunite us or not. I made sure to hug everyone tight though. Even if I wasn’t crying, I would miss them like hell.

I was going to Florida. Kariann too. It would be a long time before we ever get to see everyone again.

Bonnie did decide to proceed on as a model, but that required her to move overseas. Her parents were angry, even threatening to kick her out of the house, but she settled them down. She told them she would prove them wrong. She would make herself do a career she was good at and loved. Niall supports her the whole way through and was even helping her out by setting up a flat down in England close to where she would began working this summer. She didn’t want him to, because she wanted to do everything on her own, but he somehow convinced her. He even offered to pay the rent, but she absolutely refused. She wanted to help herself out. She thanked him for the flat either way.

My best friend would be overseas, now that made me want to cry. It would be a long time before we could ever see each other again. For summers, that wasn’t unusual, but still. School was over and now there wasn’t an excuse to see each other every day.

It killed me though, knowing that this past year was the craziest yet.

“Excuse me…” The intercom spoke up. “It seems some special guests decided to make a surprising visit…”

The councilor smiled as the gym became quiet and everyone listened. “These boys have been a special part of a group of girls’ lives so far. So why don’t we give them a warm welcome?”