Chapter 21: A Day of Emotions

*Kariann’s POV*

Wow, February was here. I couldn’t believe our senior year was flying by so fast. Four more months and we would be graduating. After graduating… college. Oh, my God. College. I was sitting on the couch, doing some homework when a brisk and fast knock was heard on the door. “Kariann Taylor Young! Hurry your ass up and open this door!” I heard Dakota yelling.

I got up, hurrying to the door, wondering if something was wrong. She was jumping up and down excitedly, holding an envelope. I saw it, the logo. Full Sail University. I stared at her, wide-eyed. “Have you checked your mail?” Dakota asked, coming straight into the house.

The mail. No, I haven’t checked. My mother has been getting it for the past few days. I ran into her bedroom. “Mom!” I said. “The mail! Where is it?”

“Should be on the kitchen table-“

I turned around and started running to the kitchen. I started fumbling with the billion number of envelopes before I came across it. “Shit! Why didn’t she tell me!?” I exclaimed.

“Who cares now!? We got our letters!”

We held up both of our letters, staring at each other. “I’m scared.” I said, staring at the envelope.

“Should we call the guys?” Dakota asked.

“I don’t know…” I said, staring down at the envelope.

“Shit! Kariann, you’re making me nervous!”

“I can’t help it!”

Dakota jumped around. “You know what- no. I’m not going to open it yet. I want the others to be there when I open it.”

“That won’t be until Spring Break!” I reasoned. “That’s a month’s time-“

My phone started to go off. “Hello?” I said, not bothering to ask who was calling.

“Ello, mate.” A British accent said.

Harry. Oh, shit. My heart race picked up. “Hi…”

“You done said that.” He laughed. “Anyways, what’s up?”

I couldn’t find the words to express what was going on. I stared down at the letter. “Dakota and I just got our letters…”

“What!? No way!” Harry said excitedly, “What do they say? Did you both make it in?”

Dakota and I both were going to Full Sail. I planned on going into filming, she into recording arts. Either both of us are going, one of us, or neither. “I don’t know. We haven’t opened them yet.”

“Well open them!”

“Harry, I can’t! What if we don’t make it!” I screamed, scared.

“Well you gotta open it sooner or later, right?”

I stared down at the letter. “I’ll wait.”

His response was a long groan. “Come on.”

“Harry! Shut up!” Dakota yelled. “We’ll wait until Spring Break!”

“That’s forever from now!” He yelled. “Damn it, fine. I’d rather be there to hear the news anyways. I’ll let the guys know. And Kariann?”

“Yeah?”

“You never called to wish me a happy birthday.”

I gaped, shocked by the sudden comment. I swallowed. “Well… I was at school…”