Chapter 25: Tender Emotions

*Dakota’s POV*

A few days have passed by, quite slowly yet fast at the same time. Each time we had to film something together with the guys, I couldn’t help myself but feel even more awkward with Louis. Every time he touched me, even if it was light and gentle, my skin burned with the sensation. I may have the issue of falling in love with boys, but how the hell was I supposed to act around a guy that likes me so much and made it so obvious? Not only that, but I knew for a fact he took the filming of us to his advantage. I had no choice but to live up to it.

Like now, we were at the end of the pier overlooking the ocean. One of our hands were intertwined while Louis’s other hand touched my cheek and I overlapped my hand on his wrist. We stared into each other eyes. Our faces were so close. I was so nervous. My heartbeat flew away in my chest and it amazed me how Louis couldn’t even hear it.

The mere thought of him loving me didn’t just make me feel awkward. I was so scared. I didn’t want to fall in love and later having to experience the heartache if we were ever to draw apart. I was a chicken, but after seeing what happened between my mother and father, I was scared that it would happen to me. Or even worse, to Louis. What if I was the one to ever hurt him? Even now, I hated to be around him knowing his feelings for me, and I knew it pained him that I ignored him most of the time. We use to be so close and now because of our mixed feelings, I keep drawing us apart.

“Great!” Kariann said. “Cue music.”

The music jumped to the end of Niall’s and Harry’s duet and Louis started singing. “I thought I was dreaming…” He brought our intertwined hands to his chest, pulling our hands apart to rest my hand on his chest over his heart. “But I know what my heart needs…

I lowered my eyes to where my hand was over his chest, staring at his hand over my own as he continued. “You’re scared to love,” His hand moved from my cheek to lift up my chin to look at him. “So is it just me?” His hand tightened around my own as he brushed back a part of my hair. “Will I be the only one?”

He bent his head lower to where our foreheads touched. I felt my eyes soften some as he looked down some. “The only one?”

The boys’ chorus jumped in. “Good job!” Kariann screeched excitedly. “That was awesome you two!”

Glad she was so happy, now I needed to hide somewhere and calm my fluttering heart. Louis and I pulled apart. I took a deep breath, letting it out. I saw Bonnie off to the side, bobbing her head to whatever music was playing through her headphones. Where Niall was, I didn’t know. I walked over to her, climbing up the railing to sit next to her. She popped an ear piece out, offering it to me. “Don’t tell Niall.” Bonnie said. “It’s a modern boy band.”

Ah, Boys Like Girls. I grinned at her. They were one of our favorite bands that we had in common.

…that you never get a second chance for the first time.

We will never be eighteen again.

No you never get a second chance for the first time.

It’s so good to see you my old friend… it’s good to see you again…

Bonnie and I jumped down, grabbing each other’s hands and dancing around, singing. We laughed as we did so.

We you know they say that growing up is hard.

Well it’s so hard to think of how we almost got so far.

Do you remember on the night of our first kiss?

Well baby, did it feel just a little bit like this?