Chapter 12: Yesterday's Actions, Today's News

*Kariann’s POV*

As the boys were in the city, Dakota and I were chilling in the tour bus, listening to her iPod on the dock. Right now we were listening to The Script. “And my mates are all there, tryna calm me down, ‘cause I’m shouting your name all over town…” Dakota sung along, dancing around the bus. It was actually quite entertaining to watch her.

With the straightest face, she manage to come over to me, grabbing my face gently in her hands as she got down on one knee. “I know that I’m drunk, but if I say the words, she’ll listen this time even though they slur…

She carried on, dramatically falling on the floor and rolling around. “Oh, my God.” I rolled my eyes as I laughed. She was so stupid that it actually cracked me up.

She was on her stomach whenever we heard the door to the bus open. Zayn came in. Quite alone. “Zaynie!” Dakota said excitedly, getting onto her knees, holding up her arms

“What are you doing on the floor?” He asked, grabbing her hands in his own, staring down at her.

“Okay.” I said, holding up my arms, “From this angle that looks so wrong!”

Dakota gaped and freed one hand to flash me a special finger before getting up and giving Zayn a hug. “Anyways,” Dakota said, changing the subject as Zayn just stood with a grin on his face. “Where are the others?”

I took the remote to the dock and shut it off. Zayn pouted as he took a seat on the opposite couch. “Aw, I liked that song. I’m not quite sure. I fell asleep during a photo shoot and once I woke up, nobody was around. I decided to come back here.”

“Why am I hardly surprised you fell asleep?” I asked myself, shaking my head.

“But at the same time, I had the responsibility of giving you girls something.” He added, smiling.

“What’s that?” Dakota asked.

He stuck down in the back of his pants, pulling out two envelopes. Dakota looked at it, confused and curious. I grinned. “Is that…?”

“Payday!” Zayn shouted.

Dakota and I screamed, quick to run over and jump on the couch on either side of him. He held out the according envelopes and we both grabbed them, opening them. Dakota and I took a moment to read over the check. I felt myself gasp, so did Dakota.

We both stared at each other. “Now you can use your money to buy some more clothes. I don’t think you packed enough to last.” Zayn said, smiling at the two of us.

“Oh, my gosh…” Dakota said, bringing a hand to her mouth.

“Zayn…” I started.

“What? What’s wrong? Is it not enough?” He asked, slightly lost.

“Not enough?” Dakota whispered at first, then her voice rose, “Not enough!? Holy shit, Zayn, this is way too fucking much! I made more in a week here than what my parents makes in a month!”

Zayn’s mouth opened a little before he finally understood what we were coming front. “Oh…”

“Oh?” I mocked, “Is that seriously all you have to say?”

“Seriously.” Dakota added, shaking her head.

Zayn smiled at the two of us. “Management told us to give them a number, so we did. Being how you’re with us boys as One Direction, they were surprise to find the number so cheap. Is six thousand seriously too much?”