Chapter 8: A Boy's Ego

*Kariann’s POV*

Music started playing as Billy turned the volume down to talk to the boys. “So…” I started, leaning toward Dakota, “How do you feel knowing Liam has a crush on you?”

She laughed, pushing my question aside. “What? No way, he was only saying that for the hell of it.”

“Bu-llshit.” I breathed, “He definitely likes you. There’s no doubt about that.”

“Whatever.” She stated, giving up on my accusations, “How about Harry? He seemed totally interested in you two weeks ago. What happened to his change of heart?”

I looked away, I really didn’t want to say. Though her tone was joking, I could tell that she was quite serious on the topic. “It’s nothing.”

“Spare the details.” She pressed. “Just tell me.”

I shrugged, “His ego got in the way and pretty much played me. Well, not really, but he asked me out in of his own interest. He backed off when he figured out he hurt my feelings though. It’s fine now.”

She nodded, sighing as she looked back into the window. “Well, I think it’s a total lie saying he isn’t interested in anyone. Even if Harry won’t acknowledge it, he definitely cares for you.”

“He cares for you too.”

“Maybe, but I wasn’t the one locked in a closet with him.”

I smacked her on the arm, gaping at her. “Ow!”

She stuck her tongue out at me before dodging my kick that would’ve ended in her ass. I was in front of the door then and was practically tumbled over when it opened. “Hey!” I said, looking behind the door to see who opened it.

Big surprise. It was Harry.

I cleared my throat, taking a step back to let him through. I silently glared at Dakota from behind the door as she wiggled her eyebrows from me. “Could you hear us?” Niall asked, sticking his head out of the door.

Dakota and I looked at each other before nodding.

The boy’s eyebrows rose. “Everything?” Zayn asked.

“Everything.” Dakota droned, emphasizing on the word. She took a peek at Harry, then at Liam. Louis got Liam in a headlock, dragging him across the hallway, keeping the boy’s face covered. From this angle, I knew the guy was blushing.

“Come on, buddy, let’s go take a peek at the fans.” Louis shouted, letting Liam go with their backs facing us.

Surprising that it was Louis that saved Liam’s ass for that. Dakota seemed to pay no mind to his embarrassment though. She looked at me with a smile. “What shall we do?”

“Well, we only have a fifteen minute break…” Harry sighed.

“I’m hungry.” Niall stated, slapping his stomach.

“I’m going to go out back.” Zayn stated, waving at us before disappearing.

I knew Zayn smoked, but I wasn’t about to stop him. Dakota asked if she could tag along. “Why? Do you smoke too?”

She shook her head. “No, it’s just hot in here.”

That left me alone with Harry and Niall. “Well, I’m starving, so I’m going to find some food.” Niall said, waving at the two of us before leaving.

Harry and I stood there for an awkward moment, staring at each other before my phone started to go off. It was a text.

Hey, hun. I was just wondering why you haven’t been answering my text messages or calls. I know you receive them because it says on my phone that you’ve read them. Have you been trying to ignore me?