Chapter 7: To Be Treated Like a Gem

*Dakota’s POV*

Man was I having the best dream. It actually took place with one of the fan-fictions Kariann and I both wrote together. Of course, it involved my first One Direction crush, Liam Payne. In our fan-fict, my ‘boyfriend’ cheated on me and I ran away, followed by Liam, who liked me during the time, finding me and comforting me. There was a moment later where he confesses and I randomly kiss him.

Yeah, yeah, well, on to the dream… Somehow it skipped the boyfriend cheating deal and I’m sitting alone on a porch swing, staring out at some trees in my old home before I moved in with my father (yes, I was with my mother during the time). I was crying, for obvious reasons, and I felt the swing move and an arm slip over my shoulder.

“Dakota…”

I felt a small groan escape my lips.

“Hey… wake up…”

Okay, now that wasn’t me dreaming. I actually groaned in real life. I groggily opened my eyes, staring at whoever ruined my perfectly good-escalating dream. My hazel eyes stared right in with a pair of dark brown ones.

It was Liam.

I shoved my face into my pillow, hiding my blush and also making it seem like I didn’t want to wake up. “What?” I mumbled.

“Everyone left to get some food.”

“Okay…” I murmured, ready to go back to sleep.

“You were right, Kariann, she really isn’t a morning person…” I heard Liam speak through his phone.

I could hear her voice through his phone from where I was sitting, “Just ask what she wants.”

“Dakota…”

I turned my head, spitting out hair that went in my mouth, “Tell her big mouth that I don’t care as long as it involves bacon.”

I saw a playful smile spread across his face, “You heard that, right?”

“Yeah, I did, and tell her that I do not have a big mouth.”

“Nah, nah, nah…” I whined, sticking my tongue out at Liam’s phone. “Whatever, Momma Drama.”

Laughter was followed on the other end and I rolled my eyes, sticking my head back into the pillow. Liam hung up his phone. He didn’t move from where he was, which was sitting on the floor next to where I was. I stared at his shaved head as he stared down at his phone, looking at some tweets. I reached over, poking his head.

He reached up, touching where I poked at, looking over at me. “What?” He asked, curious.

I shrugged, letting out a huff, pulling the cover up to my chin. I felt Liam reach across my stomach, grabbing both of my sides. “What-“ I started.

I screamed as he pulled on me, making me turn on my side and almost falling off the couch. “It’s time to get up!” He chimed, on his knees and getting ready to pick me up.

“No!” I laughed as I felt myself being picked up and put on the floor. Liam was quick to put himself on top of me, pinning me down. “Damn it, was yesterday not torture enough?”

I pouted up at Liam, who was grinning from ear to ear. He bent down, smacking his lips against my cheek, making the loudest smacking sound my ears have ever heard, “Now that you’re awake, go take a shower. You’re the one who’s supposed to keep our schedules straight, you know?”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re asking the impossible out of a seventeen year old.”

He got up, picking up my cover. I sat up, rubbing my crazy bedhead out of my face. He started to fold it for me. “You’ll be fine. The others will be back soon, so I suggest you hurry.”