Chapter 17: Friday Night

*Eleanor’s POV*

“I seriously don’t know what I’m going to get for his birthday, Eli…” Louis sighed, dishing through piles of yet more clothing.

He took a step back, running a hand through his hair. Niall’s birthday was coming up soon. Very soon. Like, in a two days’ time soon. “Gah! Damn…” Louis said, giving up.

I couldn’t help but smile. Louis had a way of thinking for his friends. I put my arm around his, intertwining our fingers. “It’ll be okay, babe. Let’s just check out another store.”

“We’ve been to four already…” He pouted, but otherwise walked with me to another store.

We walked along, trying to find a decent store. “What’s this?” Louis asked, looking at a newly put-up store.

Merchandise. Such a simple name for the store, but that was what it only needed to be called. We walked in, seeing nothing but random items inside. A grin came across Louis’s face as he ran ahead to check out the shelves. I looked around myself, seeing what I could find for Niall. I wanted to get him something too, but I had no idea what.

“I got it!” I heard Louis yell, running back to me.

I looked up, seeing a rubber chicken in his hand. I laughed. “Are you seriously getting that?”

“Hell yeah!” He said excitedly. “He’ll love it!”

He stuck next to my side as we both continued to look around the store. I settled on a necklace with a fake signed Bryan Adams on it. I was sure he would like it.

Louis and I left hand in hand. “There’s a lot of new shops around.”

We both saw a store that said Air Waves. “Hey, that’s the store Dakota’s friend, Bonnie, modeled for, right?” I asked, looking at the name.

“Yeah… Let’s go check it out.” Louis said, pulling me along with him.

The store was definitely a summer and beach setting. The many of shirts were bright and thin. I pulled out a pair of shorts, checking the fabric.

I liked it.

“Hey, what do you think about this shirt?” Louis asked.

I turned around, seeing him holding up a sleeveless shit to his chest. The shirt was button-up and looked quite nice, but… “It’s plaid.” I said. “I thought you liked stripes.”

Louis blinked, looking down at the shirt. “You’re right… Hmm…”

He stuck the shirt back on the shelf, looking around some more. Strange, maybe he was picking up Liam’s style. I knew that boy loved wearing plaid.

We got a few clothes before leaving the store. “Ah, I feel accomplished.” Louis sighed, laughing some. “I can’t wait until his birthday. Are you still going to go pick the girls up?”

I nodded. That was the plan. I would go to America tomorrow, Thursday, and pick the girls up from their homes and bring them here to London. The girls have received permission to skip out on school. Their excuse: college tour trip. The guys were going to take Niall to their summer home they always hung out at. We had the biggest surprise planned out for Niall.

To be honest, I couldn’t wait.

I was excited for the birthday party planned, and at the same time to meet the girls. I’ve heard so much about them, it was like I knew them personally myself. I would finally meet Dakota, a very close friend of Louis’s.

It was going to be a good day.

*Niall’s POV*

Okay, I was not expecting that rubber chicken from Louis. I was still laughing after fifteen minutes of getting it. Zayn and Liam passed the thing back and forth, using it as a football. Harry and Louis were in a heated competition with foosball. It was another day with the boys. It was a nice getaway birthday party with the guys for the weekend, but to be honest, I wished the girls were to celebrate my 20th birthday.