Chapter 24: When It All Comes Down to This

*Kariann’s POV*

I was sitting down at the beach with the others. I was sitting where I was the night before and going through my laptop, checking out the videos I’ve taken earlier. They came out pretty well and I already had an idea what parts I wanted to use.

“Whatcha doing?”

My heart jumped some as Harry took a seat next to me. “N-nothing.” I said, gaining my composure back. “Just checking out what I got recorded so far.”

I felt his hair tickling my cheek as he looked over to check out the screen. “Hm, hey, I have an idea. When we did Little Things, they put the video in black and white. You should do that.”

He looked at me. I offered a smile. “Actually,” I said, “I was going to change the tone of the video’s color, but not completely black and white. There are some parts I want to have color for, like whenever Niall sings. You can see him blushing whenever he does his part and I want to be able to see that.”

“Ah, I see.” Harry said, smiling. He nudged me with his shoulder. “You’re pretty awesome, you know that?”

“Watch out!” We both yelled.

My reaction was to close my laptop so nothing would hit it. Harry’s reaction was to grab my shoulder and pull me close as he reached out and hit a flying soccer ball with his arm. “Sorry!” Louis said, running up to grab the ball. “Zayn’s fault by the way.” He quickly added before running away.

“Hey! Was not!” Zayn yelled.

Harry pulled back, a little too soon for my liking. He rubbed his arm. “Ow.”

“You okay?” I asked.

He held up his arm. I gaped, seeing a huge round bruise beginning to form. “Holy shit, Haz.” I said, reaching out and gently touching it.

He flinched and pulled his arm back. “I’ll be fine. Good thing I was here, huh? That ball would’ve knocked your head off.”

I chuckled. “I doubt that. I have a pretty hard head.”

“You’re right about that.” Harry replied, smiling. He stood up from the log. “I think I’ll join them. Hey, since it’s just us guys playing you might want to get footage of that.”

“Harry, where would I be without you?” I said, liking the idea as I grabbed my camera.

“Maybe I should be the one asking you that.” He shrugged. “Just watch out for flying balls.”

He started running down to the guys and I put my computer back in its bag. I got out my camera, walking down the bank to start recording them. Those guys really were something, they kicked the ball back and forth until Louis got the urge to kick the ball far out toward the sea, making it disappear into the water. They hollered in shock and amazement. I couldn’t help but chuckle at them.

There was just so much going on between the guys that it was hard to keep up with their every move. I made sure to keep all five of them in the frame. There was one point where three of them – Louis, Liam, and Harry – picked up Zayn and started to take him out to the water. Niall was laughing as he ran ahead in the tide to where half of his calves disappeared into the water. “No!” Zayn cried, laughing and screaming.

I knew the guys well enough where they would joke around with each other, but wouldn’t go as far as to literally traumatize you. Zayn couldn’t swim, and he wasn’t a fan of open water. They didn’t take Zayn out very far, but they did throw him into the tide, causing him to land on his ass as a tide came through and got him wet from the waist down. “Gah!” He screamed, getting up and looking down at his wet bottoms. “You dick-wads!” He laughed, kicking water their way to splash them wet.