Chapter 14: Free Day

*Kariann’s POV*

The next couple of days went by quite slowly. Dakota has been doing what she can to keep her mind positive and off of the issues with the media. Funny enough, she’s actually been talking to Bonnie more often, through texting and calling. If I wanted to be honest, I felt kind of left out. She’s been confiding a lot in her friend instead of me, but then again I could understand. I was sure she just wanted to talk to someone that wasn’t involved in all of this. She just wanted her space.

I noticed that the magazine was gone. If I had to guess right, she may have thrown the thing away. I was sitting on the couch, looking through my phone, bored. I was so done with worrying about everything. I wish I could just do something besides look at the threats that are posted all over Twitter.

“Kariann?”

I looked up, seeing Harry standing in front of me. He was casually dressed, ready to go somewhere. “Yeah?”

He looked around, only able to see Dakota behind him, quietly talking on the phone. He took a seat next to me, whispering so only I could hear. “Listen, me and the guys are getting ready to head out. Niall got us all tickets to an amusement park. So…”

I started to grin. “You want us to tag along?”

“It’ll get your mind off of everything.” He answered, smiling.

“Hell yeah, then.” I said, holding up a hand for a high five.

He gave me one and I stood up, walking over to Dakota. I squatted down so our faces were level. She turned her head that was laying on the couch. “What?”

“Niall got us tickets to an amusement park. Get your ass up and get ready, cause we’re going.”

Her eyes lit up at the sound of an amusement park. “No way! Holy Moles, Bonnie, I gotta go!”

She nodded into her phone, Bonnie giving her last minute details on something. “Yeah. Okay, I’ll call you sometime when I get the chance!”

She hung up, sitting up on the couch. We both waited until the rest of the guys came downstairs dressed and ready to go. We took our time getting ready and once we were done, we headed down to meet up with the guys. “The van’s here.” Zayn pointed out, looking out the window.

“Let’s go!” Niall said excitedly.

“You can ride in the van with us. There’s plenty of room.” Liam said, being one of the last to get out of the bus.

We followed after the boys, being the last to climb in the van. I was stuck in between Zayn and Harry, whilst Niall was between Dakota and Liam. Louis was in the very back, taking over the whole row. I stared out the window past Harry. I noticed he was staring down at his phone. “Made any progress with that girl yet?” I asked.

Harry looked up, slightly confused by the question, but shook his head as if remembering. “Oh, well, with everything that has been going on these past few days, I haven’t had the chance to talk to her properly.”

“That’s too bad.” I sighed.

“Maybe I’ll talk to her when we get to the park.”

“Cool.” I said, smiling at him.

The rest of the ride was quite silent. Everyone’s excitement began to rise when the rollercoasters came into view. “I can’t wait to ride on them!” Dakota said excitedly.

I noticed Harry made a scared face. “We’re riding coasters?”

“Why else would we be coming?” Niall asked.