Fainting and Refrigerators

A/N: Hey loves:) Just wanted to let you know you are free to send imagine requests via my messages. Hope you enjoy this little imagine<3

"Babe, what on earth are you doing?"

You looked up from your spot on the floor as Harry walked into the kitchen and spotted you sprawled out.

"Laying on the floor in front of the refrigerator. What does it look like I'm doing?" You playfully sassed, though your voice wasn't as full as usual.

"Well I can see that," Harry played back, rolling his eyes and stopping just above your head to put his hands on his hips.

Your eyes peeked back even further to look at him, a small grin chuckling onto your face. "I was just feeling really faint all the sudden and I didn't want to, like, pass out and crack my head open, so--"

"What??" Harry interrupted, kneeling down. "Did you black out at all?" The confusion in his face turned to concern.

"No, no. I never lost consciousness. It just came on me really fast. I think I'm just hungry. Hence... the refrigerator.." you slightly shrugged, pointing at the humming box beside you.

Harry couldn't help but chuckle at your humor, even though he always said you needed to be more serious in such situations.

His knees rested on either side of your head as he took your face in his hands.

"What are you gonna do, Spiderman kiss me?" You furrowed your brows in joke, and he shook his head, trying not to laugh at you.

"No, I'm trying to take care of you, now will you just give me a minute," he chuckled as he peered over at your head, his curls hanging down between your faces.

You huffed, caught between not liking the fuss over your health and feeling a bit too much in like with Harry fussing over you for any reason. If it had been anyone else, you'd have slapped them away without a second thought. You had probably just been hungry and needed a minute of, you know, laying down in front of the refrigerator. You'd be fine. But, having Harry leaning over you and look all concerned (and a bit annoyed about your jokes) was worth feeling faint in the first place, you guessed.

"I think I just need to lay here for a minute and then eat something. I'll be fine," you tried to reason with him.

He squinted at you, gauging whether or not you were doing that "I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man to fuss over me" thing or if you really were alright. Your hopeful eyebrow raise seemed to convince him enough as he sat back on his heels.

"Fine," he sighed. 

"You can go back to whatever you were doing, I know you wanted to go see if--"

"Are you kidding me right now?" he snorted, cutting you off and rolling his eyes as he kicked the trashcan out of the way and scootched down beside you.

"What are you... what.." you looked over at him as he laid out flat on his back beside you.

"This is one of the weirder things I've done in a while," he mumbled with a chuckle, making himself comfortable. He turned his head to look at you, that dimply grin meeting your confused stare. 

"What, you really think I'm just gonna leave you in the middle of the kitchen floor by yourself?" he sassed, eyebrows all raised and full of the playfulness you normally doled out to him.

"Well, I mean--" you stammered.

"Are you crazy?  You're actually crazy," he shook his head with a laugh. "Of course I'm not," he said as his head settled back to gaze at the ceiling.

You paused for a moment. "This is pretty weird, but you've played a show in the last week, and like.. you're pretty weird at shows," you reasoned, emphasizing weird.

Harry's mouth opened in fake shock, "Are you serious?" he asked in sarcastic defense as he turned towards you again. The smile he tried to keep out of his face made you giggle, but you replaced it with a nonchalant shrug and looked back towards the roof.

"You're a nut case. A straight up nut case," Harry shook his head, but you could hear the amusement in his gravely voice.

"Just being honest," you faked indifference, but peeked over at him to see his playful glare, eyes just slits as he stared back at you.

"And here I am, just trying to be nice," he huffed. You smiled at him, finally breaking your charade. He returned the expression and let a quiet laugh out of his nose.

You were silent for a few moments, pondering just how silly you must look. Here you and Harry were, sprawled out on the kitchen floor as if the spots on the ceiling were the most beautiful, interesting formation of stars you'd ever seen. 

"How's your head?" Harry turned to you again.

"S'okay," you chuckled.

"What?" Harry grinned cheekily, already a chuckle forming in his throat just from seeing you laugh.

"This is ridiculous," you giggled, putting a hand to your forehead.

Harry laughed, his linked hands bumping up and down on his stomach as he did. "You started it!"

You rolled over with a giggle, your head finding his shoulder and his arm moving to let you fit into his side.

"What if we just stayed right here forever?" you asked, closing your eyes in hopes that the world would decide to stop spinning quite so fast.

"Well... I can't imagine it would be very comfortable. But at least we'd have food, I guess," Harry answered, his wrapped arm finding your waist and his eyes glancing towards the fridge.

"And each other," you playfully added.

"Hm, yes, that's true. Food and each other," Harry nodded slightly, lips pursed as if he was seriously considering it.

"I mean, that's a pretty good pros list. I think we should do it," you mumbled into his shirt.

Harry giggled, the soft shakes of his chest making you smile. "How about let's just make sure you're not going to die first," he suggested.

"Mmm.." you shrugged against his side. "Okay, I guess."

As hard of a time as you gave him, Harry was pretty good at making sure you were okay, whether that be after almost fainting, or when you were stressed out with work, or even while he was away on tour. There were always giggles and jokes and pokes, just like you liked, and that made it easier to accept the more serious offers that you knew you needed. With Harry, it was easier. Somehow he made you feel safe, without making you feel like you were putting him out-- as if of course he was there and helping, was there really ever any other option? You were the world to him, and if he could help it, he'd keep his world happy and healthy and loved.