Needy, Sleepy Harry

"Baaabe.." Harry's voice whined as he turned over again and flopped his limbs out over the bed. You looked over at him from your perch at your desk, laptop screen illuminating your face. "Are you coming?" he asked for the fifth time.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," you replied, scootching your glasses a bit further up your nose as your fingers kept tacking away at the keys.

"You said that fifteen minutes ago," Harry huffed, a hand reaching to rub his eyes. You felt bad to keep him up, but you couldn't help that you had a few things you needed to finish up for work and school. Or the fact that he was feeling especially needy that night and wanted you all tucked up beside him before he'd sleep.

"Just give me a second," you called back, trying to sound hopeful.

"I've given you like three hundred seconds. More than that. Like.." Harry paused as he tried to do the math, but gave up in his half-asleep state. ".. a lot.. of seconds."

You rolled your eyes as you gave a short laugh, focusing back on your work and pulling your blanket further around your shoulders. Harry seemed to notice your gesture.

"If you just came to bed, you wouldn't be cold anymore. Wouldn't even need a blanket, probably," he drawled, a silliness lining his voice that made you chuckle.

"Oh yeah? Why not?"

"I'd keep ya warm," he smiled sleepily.

"You'd keep me warm.." you glanced down at him with a quizzical eye, your words full of sarcasm. "How romantic."

"Heyyyyy.." he furrowed his brows, causing the both of you to bust out in quiet giggles. "There are plenty of people in this world that would love for me to be keeping them warm at night, I'll have you know," he sluggishly pointed a finger towards you. You slid your head in his direction.

"Seriously..." you raised your eyebrows in sass. "Are you really going to go there?"

"I'm just saying," he grinned cheekily.

"Oh my gosh, Harry, stop," you shook your head, your fingers moving on the keys again as you both laughed lightly. You loved the late-night banter, the kind when you were so tired he was stuck on goofy and you were stuck on sass. Because inevitably all the goof and sass turned into sleepy chuckles, which turned into sleepy sighs, which turned into sleepy cuddles. And nothing was quite so good after a long day as sleepy cuddles.

"Are you done?" Harry's head popped up in sleepy excitement when you stood up from the desk and shimmied your blanket off.

"Yep, just gotta get ready for bed."

Harry's head fell back down in defeat as he groaned. "You take forevverrr."

"Well do you want me to come to bed without having brushed my teeth?" you countered.

"Yes!" he sloppily raised a fist in the air, then let it fall back to the bed.

You rolled your eyes again as you shook your head and waved him off. "You're stupid," you playfully spat as you walked into the bathroom.

"You're stupider!" he called as you began to close the door.

"Stupidest," you opened the door a crack and whispered coarsely before shutting it quickly. Though you couldn't hear it, you knew Harry must be chuckling softly from his spot on the bed.

A few minutes later you emerged to find him even groggier than before, eyes shut and breathing slower. When the door was open enough for the light of the bathroom to shine across his face, he opened his eyes slowly.

"Fiiinally," he drawled with a smile.

"You really need to learn a thing or two about patience," you poked quietly, a smile sliding on your face too.

"Well you need to learn a thing or two about..." Harry mumbled, pausing as he thought.

"About what?" you asked playfully as you set your glasses on the nightstand and reached to turn the light off.

"Mmm.." he murmured, sleep obviously clouding his ability to think.

You slid under the covers, and just as soon as you were comfortably underneath, his arm wrapped around your middle, pulling himself into your back.

"Mmm?" you questioned his partial comeback.

"Mhmm," he responded, making you chuckle.

You were silent for only a few moments before you suddenly put a hand over his and began to tug it away from your middle. "Oh, I forgot my blanket, hold on."

"Nu-no. No," he steadied your body. "I'll get it."  He threw his legs over the side of the bed and shrugged quickly over to the desk, plucking your blanket from the chair. It seemed he thought if he let you get up again you might not come back for another hundred years, and he didn't think he could handle that. Sloppily he crashed beside you again, haphazardly throwing the blanket at you. "You're so needy," he pretended to whine.

"I'm needy?!" you laughed quietly, spreading the blanket out over the top of the comforter as he slid his arm around you again, tugging you down.

"Shhh.." he protested through closed eyes, making you giggle and snuggle in a little closer as his legs wormed through yours.

"You're still stupid," you sassed quietly as he laughed a kiss behind your ear.

"So are you," he whispered, sleep taking the tone out of his voice and causing little shivers to run down your spine-- something that not even the warmth of his body could stifle.