He Finds Out You're Pregnant

"Whhaaat??" he’d exclaim, grin so wide you’d be a little afraid it’d never shrink back to normal size. "You’re serious— no playing?" he’d confirm, holding your shoulders in his huge palms. "Yes, Harry, yes. I’m serious." His excited cackle of exclamation would make you laugh, his arms pulling you in and squeezing you so tight you thought your eyeballs might pop. "Harry!" His giggles would drown out your objections and he’d just excitedly sway back and forth, jabbering on about his disbelief and thrill.

All day he wouldn’t be able to contain himself— hands constantly around your middle even though there’d be nothing to show for the news for weeks. That night he’d crawl over you, head stooping just over your still flat belly as he’d begin drawling in his usual Harry manner, already informing your cashew-sized baby of how excited he was about their arrival and how wonderful their mum was and which American football team was the best. "Of all the first words of wisdom to impart to our child, you choose the Green Bay Packers. Really?" you’d play, making him grin that dopey grin of his, dimples popping as he’d lean down to plant a sloppy kiss just above your belly button. "Whhaatt.. it’s important." he’d giggle, eyes bouncing like a twelve year old boy finding his first love. "Is it though?" you’d poke, a glare forming in his brows as he’d raise himself closer. "Heyyy." he’d object before giving you a quick kiss and flopping over beside you, arms pulling you in and head tucking in your neck. And instead of his usual falling asleep after five seconds, he’d just be too excited to stop drawling on about all the new plans you’d be making and how excited he was to be a dad— a dad!— and just how perfect he knew you were going to be as a mum. Because, he said, no matter how terrifying the whole thing was, he thought maybe the best part was getting to do the whole parenthood thing with you, getting to create a life and teach it and mold it and love it as much as he loved you.