You Get in a Fight and He Does Something Cute to Make Up for It

Everything is always much more difficult while he’s away on tour—not being able to spend time together, missing all the little moments you watch other couples have, doing everything alone, hearing crazy rumors, watching your boyfriend travel the world and live a dream life. Without you. And with all of that swirling around, you know you’re more on edge than usual. And you know Harry is tired and busy and in a totally different time zone. But sometimes you just can’t handle it and you both break. This morning he had called and things quickly digressed into shouts and yells and hurt. You know he hadn’t meant a lot of what he said, just like you hadn’t meant a lot of what you said, but it still hurt and you couldn’t shake the anger and remorse all day long. Now you sat on your couch, trying to drown out your sorrows by catching up on your favorite TV show. You stare at the screen, your eyes focused on the flickering pictures, but your mind is stayed on Harry. You eye your phone that’s perched on the arm rest, as you have done periodically for the past few hours, debating whether or not you should call to apologize. You stand by what you said, minus the pointless insults, but you can’t stand being at odds with him. But, yet again, another excuse trudges over your resolve and you flip your eyes back to the screen. “He’s probably asleep.” “It’d probably just make us more angry.” “I can’t believe he said those things. No way I’m apologizing first.” “He won’t believe me.” “What’s the point anyway..”

Confused since you’re not expecting anyone, you scramble to find the remote when your doorbell buzzes. “Coming!” you yell as you hop around trying to find something to put on over your pajamas. Smoothing back your hair with a few strokes, you open the door to find a delivery boy staring back. “Um, sorry, I didn’t order pizza.” You inform, holding your cardigan closed. “Are you.. Isa? Isa.. the.. beautiful?” he asks, reading off of a delivery sheet and laughing a little bit at the title given to you. “I’m uh.. I.. uh.. I guess so. How much do I owe you?” you ask, receiving the pizza and giving a confused look. “Already paid for. Have a nice night.” He replies, trotting back to the elevator. You retreat into your apartment and place the pizza on your counter. You open it up to find a pizza with your favorite toppings spelled out in “I’m sorry :(“ and you can’t help but give a small squeal as you rush to find your phone beside the couch.

“Hello?” a groggy voice answers.

“Harry!” you exclaim, unable to say anything else just yet.

“I was waiting for your call.” He replies, obviously exhausted, but with a smile in his voice.

“What time is it there?” you question in concern.

“Eerrrmm.. I think around 4:30 in the morning.” He replies. You consider his response, realizing he made sure to be awake to order the pizza around dinner time where you are and to receive your call.

“Harry, I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t have said a lot of the things I did. I get so uptight when you’re on tour and it’s not fair. I’m really sorry, and I really hate being mad at you. Thank you so much for the pizza.. it was adorably cute of you. But, you go to bed now, okay? I know you—you need sleep if you’re going to function tomorrow-er, today. Somehow I don’t think, ‘I’m falling asleep everywhere because I got in a fight with my girlfriend’ is going to fly.” You spill, not being able to hold any of it in any longer. He gives a slow laugh.

“I’m really sorry too. Liam kept telling me I needed to call you because I was so distracted, and I knew I must be in a pretty bad place because Lou didn’t make fun of me all day. But.. I dunno. I just felt so bad about the whole thing I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I knew I botched the whole thing up.. but.. I’m just bad with, like.. words.” He replies in his Harry-esque drawl. You chuckle endearingly while scootching your knees up closer to your chest in the corner of the couch.

“I know.” You encourage.

“What, that I’m bad with words?” his joking tone returns. You laugh.

“Well yes, that too. Simply awful.” You reply, smiling. He chuckles.

“Babe, I love you, and I’ll be home soon, alright?”

“You better because I miss you so much I can’t even watch TV without thinking of you.” You reply, trying to keep the conversation light. He laughs and you exchange a few last words before hanging up. Having made amends, you eat your pizza and are able to fall asleep content—still sorely missing him, but thankful that you’ve worked things out.