Sleepy Aches and Pains

A/N: Hey loves:) Just so you know, I've also started another little book of Harry imagines called, "Literature." You can read the description to know the angle of it, and you can find it on my profile. Enjoy<3

Harry had fallen asleep nearly as soon as his head hit the pillow, exhausted from the last two concerts. It was great to have him home, even if you didn't get to see him that much with all the shows back-to-back. Just knowing he was there was so much better than having him half a world away.

Of course, you wouldn't be mulling that over quite so much if you could just get to sleep yourself. An hour into your thoughts and your leg was still doing that thing it randomly liked to do-- aching for no particular reason. You noticed it usually happened when you were stressed-- and it had been a bit of a week-- but that didn't make it any less frustrating or painful. You tried your best not to fidget too much for fear of waking Harry up, but you realized your quiet efforts had failed when his head raised ever-so-slightly from the pillow to peer at you through the dark, breathing in as he was quickly taken from his sleep.

"Babe, you okay?" he mumbled groggily, a hand sleepily searching for your skin.

"Sorry, just aching again," you spoke quietly.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, voice deep and gruff and exposing the way his mind was still partially asleep. "Which leg?"

"Left," you responded.

Without another word, his large hand found your thigh and began massaging it out, just like he'd done many times before, and his head flopped back to his pillow. His fingers were especially good at working out the kinks, the breadth of his hands aiding how effortlessly he bared down.

You leaned over to kiss his shoulder, a hand curling around his bicep, and whispered a, "Thank you," into the soft fabric of his shirt.

A sleepy, "Mhmm," was his only reply, hand still kneading the sore spot just above your knee as he slipped in and out of exhausted consciousness.

And that was sort of the beautiful thing about your relationship with Harry. It wasn't about who was more tired or who needed this or that or even how every moment could be the most romantic. It was about being there for each other in the big things, the small things, and the stupid, silly little things that probably didn't matter very much but were important to one (or both) of you anyway. It just felt good to have him around to live life with again, even if he would be leaving again in a week or so. And it was in those small things-- like knowing what to do when your leg was aching-- that you felt the biggest love.