Laser Tag

Inspired from a little text post on tumblr. Hope you enjoy!

Your chest heaved just a bit as you slid behind a barrier. The blacklights above you made the darkness seem purple, only the hint of obstacle outlines guiding your eyes as you peered cautiously around the edge for possible attackers. 

Suddenly a body appeared directly in front of you, and an arm shoved you into the wall hard enough to make you gasp.

"Found you," Harry spoke coarsely, his own breath short. 

"Took you long enough," you met his eyes with sass, game face on. The dim lighting didn't mask his wild eyes. His light panting and determination put a savageness in them that was all together knee-weakening. "What are you gonna do, shoot me?" you spoke, words threatening in their nonchalant attitude. Harry's forearm pressed harder into your collar bone, and his face drew so near you could feel his breath on your cheeks. 

"I don't know, do you want me to?" he mercilessly whispered, causing your resolve to falter for a moment. You swallowed and dropped your eyes, hating that he knew what he was doing to your insides, no matter what your face showed. But you quickly reclaimed yourself with a vengeance, eyes darting back up to his and piercing right back.

"If you must," you said with as much nerve as you could muster and a sly grin you hoped would tear him up just as much.

You knew you'd been successful when his lips found yours with a gasping desperation. You almost hated yourself for what you had to do-- the kiss was so satisfying after an entire afternoon of taunts-- but you knew it was your only chance.

Immediately when you pulled the trigger, Harry's vest started flashing and the automated voice emanated from the speakers, "Yoooou're out!"

His lips parted and he stood frozen for a moment, still so persuasively close you had to consciously will yourself to not press your lips back to his.

"No f---ing way," he spoke slowly, still not moving his face away as the corners of mouth turned up into a wily grin. You tried hard not to smile as his eyes stayed focused on your lips, caught between how lovely they felt and how utterly cunning you were. No matter what words came out of his mouth, you knew he was enjoying this betrayal.

"Oops," you raised one eyebrow, and his eyes raised to meet yours. The way one corner of his mouth cocked higher than the other in his devilish disbelief made your heart beat even faster.

"You're such an--" he started, but you interrupted him with a forceful kiss, pushing him out of the way in the process. You were dodging behind another barrier before he even had time to reoriented himself. 

"You betrayed me!" you heard him yell, and you giggled to yourself as you imagined the irresistibly crooked grin you knew was firmly situated right between his dimples.