He's Cute About Your Birthday

Harry slid his hands to the sides of your face, his body close and face closer, an impish grin tugging at his lips. While usually clumsy and awkward, his fingers felt good tangled in your hair, his thumbs resting on your cheeks. His eyes were intense in their staring— at your lips, your nose, your eyes, the freckles on your cheeks, and the way your eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion. He stared hard, his grin slowly turning into pursed lips and his own furrowed brows— still a bit light-hearted, but much more intense.

"Harry, what—" you tried to ask in confusion.

"Shh." he squinted his eyes playfully.

"Harry—"

"Sh." he shortened his command and tried not to smile.

You glared hard at him, even though you enjoyed the puff of his words on your nose. “What on eart—”

"Stop taalkingg." he drawled in annoyance, making you roll your eyes.

"Harry, what even—" you tried again, but this time he put his thumbs over your mouth and let his dimples pop. You quickly batted his fingers away from your mouth. "HARRY."

Deep chuckles rose from his throat before he responded, your head still firmly gripped between his hands and his stare stayed on your face. You sort of wondered if he’d even blinked yet.

"Will you just be quiet, I’m trying to appreciate you." he tipped his head up and spoke in fake annoyance.

"Appreciate me?" you gave him a quizzically disbelieving look.

"Yeah, it’s your birthday, remember?"

"Yes, I remember." you sarcastically interjected. He glared playfully.

"Well that means that you need to be especially appreciated today." He reasoned, a dorky smile accompanying.

"So by holding me in a headlock, staring at me like I’m a math problem, and forcing me into silence you are appreciating me."

"Heyyy.." he defended. "This is not a headlock. This—" he corrected, pulling your body down and forcing your head underneath his arm. "Is a headlock."

"Harry!" You screamed as he tightened his grip around your neck. "HARRY." you protested, elbowing his side in defense. His laughter made you giggle as he pulled you back up again.

"You’re so dumb." you whined, though a smile bounced on your face as your head caught in the crook of his arm.

"You’re dumber." he chuckled, his face moving closer to yours and arms tigthening around you.

"Dumbest." you managed to spit out fast enough to catch his look of pretend dismay before his lips met yours.

"Happy birthday." He mumbled, and you could feel his smile against your skin.