Cute Stuff to Cheer You Up

• Dedicated to Brittany:)

“How about this?” Harry asked cheekily.

“Harry, our child is not going to be dressed as a hot dog,” you glared. “Or a…” you continued, trying to read the label of the next outfit he excitedly extended, “an alpine boy. No lederhosen.”

“Fiiine,” he dramatically sighed, shoving the little costumes back on the racks. “You’re so boring.”

You rolled your eyes, pulling a tux from another rack. “I think this one. That way you can bring him with you on the red carpet.”

Harry’s eyes lit up with a laughing smile. “Perfect. He’ll replace you as my date.”

“We’re a family. We all go together. Besides, I can’t be replaced, duh,” you sassed, tucking the little fuzzy bear you’d just made together further under your arm.

“Yeah, yeah, you’re right,” Harry chuckled, brushing a kiss over your temple as his arm found its way around your side.

You moved on to the naming station, playfully excited to receive the birth certificate of your new little addition. After struggling for a few moments to decide on a name (Harry insisted on naming it “bear,” but you wouldn’t have any of it), you settled on Barnaby. Harry pulled you into his side happily while the worker put the final touches on the certificate, just as if this was actually a real child and you were really its parents. It made you giggle and look up at him, a silly kiss placed on your lips in return.

“Congratulations, you’re now parents!” the employee beamed, playing along with your charade.

Harry’s mouth parted in a little gasp, his bright eyes turning towards you. You cupped his face with your hands, chuckling excitedly as his hands met your waist and lifted you in a playful spin.

“Parents!” he spouted giddily and set you on your feet, kissing you again like he’d just heard the best news in the world. You giggled profusely as the woman handed the certificate to you and Harry scooped up the bear just as he might with a newborn.

“Barnaby,” he repeated breathily, looking down at the bear and making you laugh. “Daddy’s gonna keep you safe. Safe and sound, forever.”

Your laughter grew when Harry looked up at you. “You’re ridiculous,” you said with a grin, arm sliding around his middle as you both walked out of the shop.

“Am I? It’s not so hard to imagine,” he countered with a quick grin back, face lowering to yours once again. When his lips lingered, you chuckled.

“Not in front of the kids,” you playfully instructed, gently pushing his chest back.

“Kids? KidS?” he poked, “Already planning for more, are we?”

You giggled again, pressing your forehead into his shoulder as you walked on. His chuckles melded into your side and you loved the feeling of his arm firmly around you. You looked back up at him. “Thanks, Harry. Thanks for helping me get my mind off of everything.”

Harry paused and turned towards you, his smile tainting with sadness. “Of course,” he nodded, pulling you into a hug. His lips pressed into your hair as your hands gripped his wide shoulders. “Just wish I could actually do something to help.”

You smiled, knowing his heart. “You already have,” you spoke softly, thankful simply for his willingness to share in your hurts.