Late Night Giggles

Harry poked his head up and peered over your shoulder, hand still resting on your waist. "What's so funny?" he asked, a small smile already on his lips at the sound of your giggles.

"This," you replied, still laughing, and raised your phone up in answer to display a video playing on its screen.

Harry sidled closer to you, his chest warming your back as his chin found your shoulder. It was nearly every night now that he did this, like a child in his always wanting to see and hear and know what was so funny. "Rewind ittt," he whined.

Despite your rolled eyes and shaking head, you did as he asked. And it was quickly worth it when his own giggles spouted out, shaking you too by shear proximity. Between seeing the comedy again and experiencing Harry's unabashed giggling, you couldn't help but start giggling all over. Harry seemed to like this reaction, as evidenced by his tightened his grip on your waist, pulling you closer still, and how he half-obscured his laughing face in your neck. It tickled your ear, making you laugh still more.

The video played on, and after a little while longer, the trails of your combined chuckles quieted as you concentrated on what was happening next. 

After a few minutes, Harry took in a rather large sniff, causing you to glance over at his perch on your shoulder in quite a quizzical manner. "Are you okay?" you asked, mostly in jest.

He looked back at you through dazed, half-closed eyes as a sloppy, sleepy grin spread over his face. "Fine," he mumbled happily.

You looked at him in lazy, but sassy uncertainty.

"You just smell lovely," he muttered with a smile, eyes nearly all the way closed. 

You smiled too. "What do I smell like?" As far as you could remember, you hadn't put any perfume on after your shower, but you wanted to make note of it for future reference if it was something Harry particularly liked.

"Mmm..." he mumbled, every sound progressively getting a little more incoherent as he got sleepier. "Nothing in particular, really. Just you."

It was just like Harry to say something that completely destroyed you without him even meaning to. And that comment surely did, which is why you'd not been able to help yourself from interrupting his slow slump into sleep with a rather abrupt kiss to his sleep-puckered lips. After his initial start, he'd sort of chuckled again, kissing you back through his quiet giggles, and then flopped back on his own pillow.

And maybe it was silly, maybe you over thought things, maybe holding onto those moments was dumb, but it was in the simple comments like that, the small, sleepy, offhanded comments he'd make without thinking so much about them, that you often found the most meaning, the most encouragement, the most love.