The Roommate Disaster - Five

I text Tristan, telling him I'm going to drop by at the apartment so I can start fixing the room

I text Tristan, telling him I'm going to drop by at the apartment so I can start fixing the room. But it's been an hour since that text and I haven't received any reply from him yet. I am actually standing outside the apartment building now, thinking if I should text him again or just go inside. But then again, I just don't want to barge in like I'm an official roommate already so I'm just going to wait outside.

   Sadie is apparently on vacation with her family. She concluded that last night when I asked her to come with me. I don't want to come alone but I really, really have to start renovating the room. Mom told me that I should start transferring some of my things already before I move in.

   I sit on the steps and wait for Tristan. He has work today, I guess. And he's definitely busy on that matter for not answering my text. I don't expect him to answer it right away but I hope an hour is enough for him to notice that someone texted him.

   A white Toyota pulled up to the side. It's not Tristan because his is red and it's Audi. I don't have much knowledge on cars but I know their logos so that something. Then someone gets out. She's wearing denim all over her. She is wearing a black sunglass so I can't exactly tell if she sees me staring at her. She starts to walk towards my direction. My eyes bulge out. She's walking towards me. I stand up and control the shaking of my hand. Why am I even shaking?

   "Hi," she says. Her smile is so small, it looks like fake.

   "Hi," I say back.

   "Are you Billie?"

   Okay. How did she know?

   "Yeah. I'm sorry, who are you?"

   She takes off her sunglasses. Her left eyebrow rise up, looking me from top to bottom then back up again. "I'm Samantha. Tristan's girlfriend."

   Tristan has a girlfriend? Well, he's handsome and all but how come he never mention that to me? Is it something he has to tell to me anyway? Oh, right. YES IT IS. I'm going to live with him. He should've at least said that he has a girlfriend so don't go to his things or barge in his room without a care because someone might see and think of a bad thing.

   "Don't worry, I'm not a third party." What? "I mean, I'm—"

   "His new roommate," she cuts in. "Don't worry. I know all about you. He tells me everything. I actually am here because of his request."

   "Where is he?" I can't help but ask.

   "He's working. Quite busy. So he texted me and told me that you're going to the apartment to start renovating. He hasn't given you your key apparently. That's why I'm here."

   And he doesn't even bother to give me a text that his girlfriend is the one going to be here.

   "Oh. I'm sorry for the bother. I just really have to start already."