The Roommate Disaster - Seventeen

The Roommate Disaster – Seventeen

I look back and I thought Tristan has followed me. He isn't there sadly. When I enter the apartment, Kurt is comfortably sitting on the couch, beer-in-can in hand.

"Hi, Kurt," I greet him. I take the beer in his hand and take a seep, the bitter taste running in my throat. "Ugh. That is gross." I return the beer to him. "How can you drink that?" I groan as I take a seat beside him.

"You don't drink, do you?"

"I don't. I don't party as well so I'm hoping that Tristan doesn't throw that much of a party." I sigh.

"Oh you don't have to worry about that guy. He works his ass off like twenty four hours and then there's college life and he just shuts off. That's how boring his life is. Then came his nagging girlfriend." He tsks. I can tell he knows a lot about Tristan's relationship.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You're already asking me one."

"Yeah. Well, why did they break up?"

He turns to me, an amused smile plaster on his face. "You like him, don't you?"

"I don't. Are you going to answer my question?" I am hopeful he will.

"I won't. I'm not in the position to tell you that. You should ask Tristan himself." He takes a sip of his drink.

I roll my eyes and get up. "My dad is okay with me staying here for the night but my mom insisted on driving here to get me home. But I told her I'll leave first thing in the morning."

"I thought your mom likes Tristan?"

I gape at him, brows furrowing. "My mom likes him but how did you know that?"

He winces. "Alright. I'm going."

"I'll see you around then," I say but curious how did he know about it. When he is out, I turn off the lights. I go to my room but I don't turn on the light. My phone says it's already one-thirty in the morning. Tristan isn't back yet.

My concern in transferring here is the argument we had earlier. We should clear things between us. I know what I said to him and I'm a bit ashamed of it. We are both adults and we should know our priorities. I don't want to complicate things between us so I hope we can patch things up before college starts.

I get to the bed but my phone starts ringing. I take a look on who's calling and see it's Drake. Shaking my head, I pick it up and answer a low hello.

"Uh, why are you whispering?" he asks, lowering his voice as well.

"I'm not at home," I tell him, still whispering.

"Where are you?" There is hardness in his voice. I don't mind it.

"I miss you, Billie. You know what I was thinking? All those four years I've wasted on looking at you. I should've just man up and approached you and asked you on a date. I may be our class' heartthrob—" I cough to cut him off. It surprises me to hear him saying those words. "What?" he asks, chuckling. "I'm sure you know that. So, as I was saying before you cut me off, I may be our class' heartthrob but I'm a shy person as well. We don't know each other well before so I'm saying this now. I already told you I like you and—"