The Roommate Disaster - Twenty-Seven

The Roommate Disaster – Twenty-Seven

Tristan is outside with Kurt. He doesn't bring anything with him and as far from I can hear, he's not going to stay overnight. That is disappointing in my part.

"You haven't touched your food," Sadie says. I look at her plate and she is already done. "Do you want me to call him?" There's poison on her word as she asks this. But I smile to her for the attempt to comfort me for asking that.

"If I say yes, are you going to call him for me?" I ask.

She rolls her eyes. "You are so lovesick for that guy," she mutters as she stands up. "Yes, I will."

"I'm not lovesick of him!" I hiss.

"Wait for him there, okay?"

She disappears in the hall. The cabin we rented isn't that big but it still divides the kitchen from the beds. I thought there will be common bathrooms for all the beach goers but this resort is different. Only, it's much expensive since everything we need is in the cabin already.

After five minutes, Tristan peeks and smiles to me before sitting on the chair that Sadie has vacated. He doesn't say a word and just stares at me as I eat my food. I'm about to throw him the last of my food when he finally speaks.

"How are your legs?" he asks, concern showing on his face.

"They're okay," I say, moving my toes. "How's the drive over here?"

"Pretty smooth. Do you want me to check if your legs were really okay?"

"My legs were really okay now."

"I insist."

"Fine," I let it go. He won't stop unless I agree to it anyway.

He moves beside me, putting my legs on his lap. He moves my toes in circles. He isn't even looking at me. I can't believe I like this guy. There are so many guys at uni I can start to like but whenever I think about of doing that, Tristan's face will pop up and block everyone else. It's unfair it's only me who get to experience that kind of thing.

"How are you?" he asks. I remember I don't answer that one earlier.

"I'm okay. You don't have to ask me that everytime we see each other. Roommates don't even want to know those types of things. Aren't we supposed to stay out of each other's lives?" The words come out of my mouth before I can even stop it.

He stops moving my toes. "I know how I treated you and I admit that it isn't good nor right. You deserve someone better." He looks up to meet my eyes. "But I want to try to be that better person for you. I like you a lot, Billie. At least give me that chance."

I remove my legs on his lap. I stand up, making sure that my legs are perfectly fine now. "I won't give you a chance unless you prove your worth first," I tell him before I go out to see where Sadie and Kurt have gone to.

They're at the beach. Both of them lying on the sand; Kurt reading a book, Sadie is just sunbathing. I look down at the both of them. In a second, they are already asking me lots of question. I even hit Kurt in the head when he asks if Tristan and I have a make out session.

"I don't know if he's going to stay any longer to join us," I say.

"What did you say to him anyway?" Sadie asks.