The Roommate Disaster - Fifteen

It's Drake's last day here. Tomorrow morning, he'll fly to San Francisco for college. For the last week I spent with him, I see the other side of him that he doesn't show to anyone at school. I'm lying on his stomach, staring at the vast dark sky of the night. Summer's almost over and soon, it's my turn to move out.

"What are you thinking?" Drake asks, running his fingers to the tips of my hair.

"I don't know what I should think," I tell him honestly. There's not one thought that comes to my mind. All I know is once he leaves; I'd be in so much trouble controlling my feelings for Tristan.

Tristan...

"What?" he exclaims.

"What?" I ask.

He sits up, making my head falls to the ground. "You called someone else's name," he informs me matter of factly.

Oh God.

I said Tristan's name out loud.

I swallow, sitting up now. How can I explain that Tristan is just a friend? I have to roll my eyes internally. In fact, Drake is just a friend to me as well. It's just a spur-of-the-moment that I accepted him as my boyfriend.

"Billie?"

"What's going to happen once you leave?" I ask him, hoping he'll forget that I said someone else's name.

He sighs, running a hand to his hair. "I told you, I want to keep talking to you. I don't know but, the week has been amazing. I like you, Billie and I want to know you more. I don't want distance to keep us from getting to know each other."

"But this boyfriend-girlfriend thing... when you get to San Francisco and start college, I'm quite sure you'll find someone who's better than me and I don't want that label to keep you for pursuing that girl." I cup his face so tenderly that he closes his eyes. "I want you to enjoy what is out there."

I'm pretty sure I'm telling all those things to myself as well. He has to take that offer or I'll be doomed. Even if my feelings for him are not that intense, the label still scares me to do anything stupid. Some of our school mates from high school are going to same college as me and some are staying to go to the community college. I don't want gossip about me cheating on Drake circle around. But to be honest, I don't even know if there is someone out there who knows what's going on between Drake and I.

"But I want is you," he tells me.

I pull back, shaking my head. "Right now, you want me. After tomorrow, I'm not sure if that is still going to be the case," I state. "Drake, open your eyes. San Francisco is far and there are so many pretty, stunning girls out there. There's no way you can't find someone you will want besides me."

He heaves a deep sigh, throwing his head back with a non-humorous laugh. "I thought we're on the same page," he mutters.

"We're on the same page. It's just... it's going to be complicated. I don't want any complications when I start college. That's the last thing I want," I inform him matter of factly.

He looks back at me. "So this is it? This is our final goodbye?" he asks. There's sadness in his eyes.

"This doesn't have to be our final goodbye. I'm just saying-"