The Roommate Disaster - Special (Kurt's POV)

Kurt's POV

Damn the feeling of being in love. If it means getting hurt and letting go in the end, I'd rather not feel it. Tristan has been in his apartment for a week now. It's been a month since his last encounter with Billie. God. That girl. I can't believe how much effect she has to him.

Billie is a nice girl. Definitely, definitely for keeps but if what's Tristan feeling right now is the feeling my for keeps can give, I'll pass. I'll just stay single for the rest of my life instead. It's more fun spending time with my computer and take away foods anyway.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask the cashier as he punches in the drinks and snacks I get.

He looks bored but shrugs and says, "Yeah."

I cringe at his answer. As I put the drinks in the plastic bag, I tell him, "Man, if it's not yet that long, end it. My friend's a mess right now because of a girl."

He rolls his eyes. "Such a shame," he mutters.

I roll my eyes as well. "Really shame. Nice talking to you though." As I hoist the plastic bag over my shoulder, a sudden loss of balance happens. My back hits the floor and I, somewhat, manage to put my groceries on my stomach before it even hits the ground. "What the fuck?" I mutter.

"I'm so, so, sorry!" a girl's voice comes in my field of hearing.

My eyes open up and turn to where I hear the voice. There's a girl collecting her groceries in front of me. Then there's a sound in my chest.

What the fuck?

Before I can even see her face, I get up and hurry outside. I don't want to see who it is nor I want to know who she is. She's apologized, that's enough. My groceries aren't damaged anyway. I'm good to go...

Or not.

"Kurt?"

Really fuck it.

With a deep sigh, I turn around with nothing but an expressionless face on. "You know me?" I ask.

She smiles, tucking some of her hair behind her ears. "Yes, I just called you. Don't you remember me?"

Of course I remember you. Why the fuck is she asking that?

"I think I do," I say, coming in closer. "Did we... hook up?" Really?

Her smile falters. I want to take back what I said then. It is harsh and rude and she's just being nice and I'm being an asshole.

Why am I seeing her right now anyway?

"I guess you don't remember me." She puts her groceries on the ground then she extends a hand towards me. "I'm Kylie. I hope you remember now."

I look at her, then to her hand. But instead of shaking her hand, I turn around and walk over to my car without even saying anything to her. I keep telling myself not to go back there and talk to her. I've had enough of what happened to us before.

As I start my car, I can't help but glance to where I left her. She is still there, her hand still extended but she's looking down. She haven't changed at all. I shake my head, turning the car to the other direction and not one bit guilty of leaving a girl behind.

* * *

I gulp my drink until it's all gone in my throat. I'm scrolling through facebook and looking over some old photos. Then I stop.

There's her photo, all smiles. Her head was on my shoulder while I take the photo of us. It was the night of her going away party. She moved to the other side of the world and only told me about it a week before she needed to leave. Just a week before...