The Roommate Disaster - Nineteen

The Roommate Disaster – Nineteen

I wait for him in the apartment. I'm sitting on the couch with nothing but myself looking at the time and hoping he'll be here now. I text mom and tell her that I might stay the night here. Sadie called me an hour ago to accompany me while I wait. It's already seven in the evening and Tristan isn't back yet. I wonder where he goes.

There is a knock on the door and I immediately get up to open it. Only it's not Tristan but Samantha. I don't like her being here.

"Billie," she says my name like it's bile in her throat. "Where's Tristan?"

I don't let go of the door so she can't see inside and make herself comfortable. I don't want to wait Tristan with her around. "He's not here," I tell her.

She tries to push open the door. "Well, I'll wait for him inside."

"I'm sorry but you're not allowed inside," I say, an empty reaction on my face.

Her eyes turn to slit. "And why am I not allowed inside? I lived here before and Tristan and I are friends. I always do this when he's not home."

"Well, he has a new roommate now and I don't want you here. You can go now." I close the door but then she steps her foot inside. "Take that out," I warn her.

"Or what?" she challenges me.

I know she doesn't like me either. The feeling is mutual so it's no wonder that when I try to push her feet away, she grabs a handful of my hair and pulls me outside. She pushes me down on the floor before running off to the door. But I'm quick and she's smaller than me. I reach her left foot before she even get to step inside. She loses her footing, making her fall to the floor with a loud thud. That sure did hurt. She groans and digs in her nails on my wrist.

The neighbor next door goes out and I'm so thankful it's Kurt. "What the..." He runs to us and separate the both of us. He helps Samantha first and then me. "Are you okay?" he asks me.

I dust myself. "I'm perfectly fine," I say, running a hand to smooth my hair.

Samantha crosses her arms. "She's not nice, Kurt. I should warn you, she bites like a fox."

Kurt faces her. "She's nice, Samantha. You're the one who's not nice. What are you even doing here?"

"I'm visiting Tristan and don't even tell me I'm not allowed here. I was just here yesterday."

My ears ring to what she said. "You were here yesterday?"

"All day. Tristan needed some company and I'm the one he called. We're inseparable, you know."

This time, it's me who feels the bile coming up to my throat. I run inside and head straight to the bathroom. Nothing comes out though. I wish something has come out but I haven't eaten anything nor even try to drink some water.

"Billie, are you okay?" Kurt comes along, Samantha trailing behind him. She looks down at me with a satisfied smirk on her face.

"I'll be in Tristan's room," she says as she walks away.

I hate that girl. So I run for her. I pull her hair and she gasps so loud it's almost funny. Kurt tries to pull me away from her but I make sure I'm holding a tight grasp on her that most of it will come off. She claws at me and my arm bleed in her touch. Damn. This girl fights dirty. I let go of her hair, making her fall to the floor. Her head hit on the arm of the couch.