Chapter SIX

~ leaving Walmart ~

Lalas POV

So were getting ready to leave Walmart. Us four were putting the groceries into my mom's car trunk.

Lele: All done!

Lola: Shot gun!

Tonya: Haha, really Lo?

Me: *laughs* i dont know about you guys but im ready for this party tonight! Im turning up!

Lele: Now you know Toren gone be your lil watch dog there.

They all laughed as we opened the car doors and got in.

I stood there with a shity and 'are you serious, hoe' look on my face.

Lele: You know im just playing La!

Me: Yeah, hmm. Dont ask for SHIT once we get to the mall.

Tonya: what about the food in the back ?

Me: were dropping that off first.

I started the car and backed out the parking space. I sped off and we were on our way to my house.

I knew you where ...

Trouble when ya walked innn!

Shame on me now!

The radio played and all of us were singing together. We were having a good ass time!

Tonya: This is your house?

Tonya asked as we chilled in front of the house.

Lele: Yeah. Your surprised?

Tonya: My friend Kierra that died two years ago lived here.

Me: Awee, sorry to hear that.

Tonya: Its cool. I still talk to her.

We looked around at each other trying to process exactly what she meant by that. But we brushed it off.

We got the bags and brung them inside into the kitchen. Mom put them away and we helped to speed things up.

Lele: Okay mom, its 3:45. We have to goooo.

Lele grabbed us and pulled us out of the front door. I felt my phone vibrating from inside my purse.

I looked down at my screen and it was a call from Toren. I blushed and got butterflies in my stomach.

Lele: Gots to be Toren.

Tonya: Yuck!

I sucked my teeth and answered the phone.

Me: Hello?

Toren: Aye, whats up. Yall still hitting the mall?

Me: Oh yeah. Totally. We were actually on our way now.

I started the car with my right hand and held the phone with my left shoulder.

Toren: Lier. I heard the engine start. Hurry and make your way here. Im in the food court.

Me: *giggling* Ok, okay! Were coming.

I said as i did 25 down the street. I was nervous about seeing Toren.. Honestly! He makes me act kind of shy.

~ 15 minutes later ~

So were riding up the elevator into the food court. Im looking around and i haven't spotted Toren.

Maybe hes in the restroom or something.

Lola: Im about to grab some smoothie king. Guys want some?