Chapter ONE

Lalas POV..

So I'm La'shawn Gorben. Im 17 and a Junior in high school. Stand at 5'2 with braces. i have deep dimples with long burgundy curly hair. Today my family and i are moving to California.

My moms job is transferring and yeah... You know the rest. Its the middle of the third semester and im leaving all my friends and family behind. GREAT.

Im originally from New Orleans, Louisiana by the way. Imagine moving that far away from home. Ugh, but its whatever i guess.

Leles POV

My twin sister Lala mostly summed it up! Were moving and all that good stuff. So i guess ill introduce myself.

Im Le'shawn but you can call me Lele. Im 17 and a junior in high school. Im puerto rican and mixed with black and so is my sister (of course). I stand at 5'2 with long brown & curly hair. I have braces and deep dimples too.

So about this moving to Cali thing... its actually for multiple reasons.

Crime, my dad died, and my moms job. It was really nothing left for us in Louisiana. But today is the big day!

My mom Sade, my younger brother Dede, my sister Lala and I are just landing in Compton. Im amped up!

We walk to the parking garage and we get into our moms car. She drives a 2012 midnight blue Tahoe truck.

We put our suitcases in the truck, got in and left. We all had our earphones in while we enjoyed the ride. We all were tired but we couldnt go to sleep, ugh. Traveling sucks

We had to drive about 167 miles to our house from the airport. The whole time we all fell asleep. Diego (Dede) was in the back seat with Lala and i sat in the farther back alone.

Our step dad John was already in Compton waiting on us. He had flown out a week ago to handle business..

We pull into this neighborhood thats not as you would picture any place to look so beautiful. It had palm trees and all but it wasn't a good looking neighborhood.

The houses were hood, children outside EVERYWHERE playing. People sitting on the porch gambling. Girls outside twerking. Loud music playing. And boys outside balling in this park in the neighborhood.

Home sweet home i guess. My mom was a mother trying to raise three kids. So our living conditions wasn't the best so all of us stayed on top in school.

We pull up to this tan house with green shutters and a green door on it. Not such a new house. We got out and took a look.

Mom: Welcome home babies.

Lala: this is our new house?

Dede: Our house in New Orleans was better

Mom: Well this is your new home.

Mom picked up her bags and headed towards the door. She pulled out a house key from her purse and opened the door.

We all picked our stuff and followed her inside.

John greeted us with hugs. He grabbed the bags from us and took them upstairs.

Mom: The place is all ready furnished. Lala thats your room and Lele heres yours. Dede will sleep here and this is the game room for you guys. Our room is on the other side of the house. Everyone has their own bathroom in their room. Plus a public bathroom on the hall for company or something.

Dede: My rooms great. Thanks mom!

Lala: Oh my gosh, i love it!

Me: Its nice. I could get use to this

Mom: Go check out the neighborhood or something. Meet some friends.

We all nodded and put down our things in our new rooms.

Mom: Dont worry, ill put all this away.

Lala: *smiles & hugs her* Thanks mom.

Btw ... Follow me on Instagram

@taaylor_made

& on Vine!

@OfficialSlim

Im sorry if the chapters are all scattered around. Idk whats going on.