Chapter18 "Saying Goodbye"

Lala's POV

- two days later -

It was the day of the funeral. I was at my aunt Danny's house getting dressed. When i walked out the guest room i went into the living room with Ms.Cassidy, Lola, Lele, Toren, Percy and the rest of my family.

The limos and the Mercedes that me, Lele and Diego would be riding in pulled up.

Dede, Lele and I got into the Mercedes. Everyone else got into the three limos. We rode off and went to St.Paul church

St. Paul is the church my entire family attends. Plus this was the church i used to go to before we moved.

I had invited all my old friends to the funeral and repass. Megan, Vick and Chelsea were waiting at the door for me and Lele to get out.

I walked up to them and gave them hugs and kisses. They were my best friends and still are!

We pared into two's and marched in the church. Lele, me, Diego, Aunt Danny and her kids sat on the first row. Toren got up and sat besides me.

The ushers passed around tissues. An hour into the funeral the entire church was in tears.

Now its time to finally walk to the casket. When i saw my mother laying their, i broke down! I couldn't believe she was gone.

I didn't get a chance to say goodbye her. My life wont be the same without my mom. I had already lost my dad now my mom? Things couldnt get any worst!

Toren and Ms.Cassidy had to pull me back to my seat. I was heartbroken and so was Lele. Diego's face was red and full of tears.

My granny caught the holy ghost! The whole Gorben family was devastated. She killed herself from stress!!

After the funeral, everyone talked in the parking lot for awhile. Then we got back into the cars and headed to the grave yard.

They finally buried my mom. I couldn't believe i had lost the last person i had. My mom was gone!

This all was a hard pill to swallow.

They had a second line too. It was nice! Next was the repass. I walked into my Aunt Danny's house feeling down. I went straight to the bathroom and threw up! I felt weak.

Toren walked in and held my hair out of my face.

Toren: You okay, Lala?

Me: Im fine.

I cleaned myself up and walked into the guest room. I changed out of my dress and into something more comfortable.

I put on a long white sundress with tan sandals. I pulled my hair into a pony tail.

When i walked down stairs and into the back yard, my family was having a good time.

They were dancing, eating, swimming and singing. Just being silly as always. I took a seat in the lawn chair next to Lola. Seeing my family happy made me feel a bit better.

Lola held my hand and asked if i was okay. I told her i was fine even though i wasn't. I hid the fact that i was destroyed inside.

As i sitting there talking to my old friends and new friends, i see my step dad walk into the back yard.

My aunt went up to him and slapped him. I had no clue what made her do that! He just put the flowers down and left. Aunt Cassidy ran after him.

I just sat there because i didn't have time for any drama. I was already aggravated because people kept coming to me kissing and hugging on me.