The Chorus: Extra's

Once there was a boy who couldn’t speak but owned a music box that held every song in all the world. One day he met a girl who had never heard a single melody in her entire life and so he played her his favorite song. He watched while her face lit up with wonder as the music filled the sky and the poetry of lyrics moved her in a way she had never felt before.

        He would play his songs for her day after day and she would sit by him quietlynever seeming to mind that he could only speak to her through song. She everything he played for her, but of them allshe loved the sad songs best. So he began to play them more and more until eventually, sad songs were all she would hear.

        One day, he noticed it been a very long time since her last smile. When he asked her why, she took both of his hands and kissed them warmly. She thanked him for his gift of music and poetry but above all elsefor showing her sadness because she had known neither of these things before him. but it was now time for her to go awayto find someone who could show her what happiness was.

        - - - - - 

        Do you remember the song that was playing the light before we met?

        No, but I remember every song I have heard since you left.

—Lang Leav, Love & Misadventure

~*~*~

A/N: Okay, so this isn't a prologue or anything. There was one before, but I deleted it, for I've figured, that 500-words-long piece would be much of a spoiler now that The Verse is finished. :) Anyway I shared an exerpt from Lang Leav's book, Love & Misadventure, since it pretty much reminds me of Trevor and Kailey. :)