Ch 34: Make A Wish, And I'll Grant It Underwater

KAILEY~

Never would I have thought that I’d appreciate Trevor’s face even more at this close distance. It’s around nine in the morning already, yet he’s still sleeping like a dog. I should be waking him up, but I just enjoy watching this guy’s sleeping face as he drifts in his own realm of dreams. I hope he’s dreaming of me, 'cause I have always dreamt about him. You know what the best part of this? I don’t hate waking up from a good dream anymore because reality is so much better now. So much better.

I lean closer to kiss the tip of Trevor’s nose. He stirs and groans but remains his eyes shut, only to put an arm over me and to squeeze me towards him like his very own stuffed toy.

I wouldn’t want to complain about his heavy arm hindering my breathing. In his arms, I feel so safe.

“Trevor darling,” I whisper and blow through his face. His eyelashes flutter, and by that, I know he’s already awake. “Good morning.”

He opens his eyes slowly as if suspended in slow motion. His morning smile is so welcoming, like a sign hinting that this day will turn out perfectly. “Good morning, sunshine.”

“Hope you slept well.”

“Only the best sleep in my life,” he declares. “Is that my shirt you’re wearing?” His eyes focus on my chest, telling me that he just spotted me wearing his white Blink-182 shirt I got from his closet.

“Oh yeah,” I say shyly. “I hope you don’t mind. I took a bath an hour ago and I realized I didn’t bring any spare clothes with me. I got too excited about going here.”

Trevor parts his lips as if to say something, his brows furrows as if hesitating on what to say. “Y-You’re not wearing anything underneath the shirt, are you?”

My cheeks burn red. God, I never thought he’d notice! I cross my arms over my chest and curl like a ball. “Uhm, yeah, sorry. I laundered the clothes I was wearing yesterday. Damn, Trevor, your dryer’s not efficient!”

He only chuckles and strokes my cheek. “Choose a dark colored shirt next time.” He gets up and I rise with him, and then he stretches his arms in the air. Instead of them falling at his sides, his arms fall on top of my shoulders and he pulls me in for an embrace. “I love you, Kailey.”

I’ll never get tired hearing those words from him, reminding me always that I’m the luckiest girl in the world. “I love you too, Trevor.” That earns me a kiss on the forehead.

Mornings can never be as good as this.

“Now, where are we going to eat for breakfast? Hmm...”

“I made ham and cheese omelette,” I interrupt before he thinks of a fancy restaurant where we could eat at. “I thought I could do something for you while you were asleep.”

“Whoa. You cooked? For me?”

“Of course I did! Did you actually think I can’t cook?” I act offended, though I’m not surprised at all if he found it shocking. I admit I don’t cook as good as Keana, and I know I look like somebody who can’t even measure a tablespoon of oil.

“I didn’t say anything like that!” He jumps out of bed and I follow. “I just didn’t expect it. I’ll race you to the kitchen!” he says enthusiastically.

“Wait!” I stride to his super duper ultra mega fuckin’ large closet. “I’m going to change into dark colored shirt like you said. Hope you don’t mind me rummaging in your closet again.”

“Nope. Not at all.”

And so I do. Did I mention that his closet a very very big one? Like, when I get inside I’ll surely get lost? Oh wait, I already did? Dang.