Ch 28.2: Jane Quinn, An Illusion Or A Delusion?

KAILEY~

I storm off ridiculously from our room. I feel my veins throb and pulsate, my heartbeat speeding up, like I'm about to burst anytime soon.

The halls never seem to end, but I kept walking anyway. I don’t know where my feet are taking me and I have no idea who or what I'm escaping from. I just need to get out of this place. I need to go somewhere where I can’t wound myself again. Somewhere that won’t remind me of Trevor and Jane.

I increase my speed, just like how I did in my dream.

I spot Oliver and August crossing my way. “Kailey! You’ve been asleep the entire day!" Oliver greets, and instead of stopping by for a little chatter, I give him a scorching look. "Hey, where are you going?”

He didn't seem to get the message. “Go away!” I growl as I pass by them.

“Whoa, what happened? Bad case of PMS? Ran out of tampons?”

Before I even knew I was actually crushing something with my hand, I have already thrown it to Oliver. It is August who wails out of pain though, but I'm not sorry for that.

I'm sorry at myself for playing the role of a fool.

It is only then that I realize that I am already in front of the elevator doors. I go inside the moment it opens, and I step out to the ground floor. Soon enough, I am by the entrance of the hotel and unfortunately, there are a lot of people in the area. 

I feared for a moment that swarm of crazy fans would attack me. However, I see that the attention of the people is not focused on me. They don't even know I'm here! Out of curiosity, I cut inside a cluster of people facing a huge Irony Affairs’ logo hanging by the wall. The people are watching intently two fluffy-haired guys, a raven and a blond.

Damn, I saw him again.

“Would you like to introduce yourselves first?” the interviewer asks. 

Ah, Xave and Trevor, and one of those interviews that would always pop out of nowhere. Wait, am I seeing right? Trevor, taking his chances with an inerview?!

“Hi, Xavier Henson, rhythm guitarist, Irony Affairs.”

“Hello,” he pauses, clear that he’s thinking of something to say. With a flash of a memory, I remember the interview lessons I gave him. Oh dear.

“Trevor Radburn, lead guitarist for Irony Affairs, and I hate interviews.”

It had the whole reception hall laughing. The only ones who aren’t chuckling would be me and Trevor. He holds a serious face. And me? I’m still pissed.

“Of course you do, Trevor. It’s such a privilege to get you talking in front of the camera for us.”

“Yeah I guess,” he says, still holding an expression that doesn't give much hint of what he's thinking. I bite my fingernails—even if it’s a gross thing to do—for I feel my stomach twist and turn while watching him.

“So, this is LP Magazine and we have with us a number of questions by some fans sent to us over the social media.”

“Is this one of those weird-questions-that-come-out-of-the-blue type of interviews?” Xave asks.

“Yes, this is a majority request by the fans, and they wanted the two guitarists in it.”

The interviewer is a tall brunette with a funny accent. With a mic on hand and the other on the waist, she stands with her hip protruding. I notice Trevor’s expression change for a bit and frowns the moment her arm touches his. Trevor is obviously shifting comfortably because she’s invading her personal space. Damn that woman.