Ch 18: Kurt Cameron Poxlier, Brother, Family

KAILEY~

We just finished signing albums for the Filipino fans along with Irony Affairs a while back. It was rough moving within the group of people who wants to at least touch you. Fans will always be crazy, Trevor would always say.

Right now we are in the vicinity where we're going to perform tomorrow for sound check. It's kinda like a general rehearsal of the songs we're going to play for the actual concert, and a checking if the instruments and equipments are working fine.

A few kids were able to slip through the area while we do our sound check. I understand their eagerness since I once did the same during my youth. I know the feeling of joy upon seeing you idols up close and knowing which songs they are going to perform before everyone else. These kids are a bunch of shy ones though, for they just keep on watching us from a distance.

After a few peeks and glances back at them, it turns out that they are friends with the event manager of the concert.

I feel a gentle tap on my arm and I turn to see a little girl. She has spiky black hair and dark eyes, and holds a paper folded in half. "Hello, Kailey."

"Oh, hello there!" I greet and pat her head, noting the Flame Alyconia shirt she's wearing.

She says nothing else but instead, she gives me the paper she was holding. "For me? Thank you!" I open it and find a colorful rope bracelet with beads inside. Another fan-made gift!

 "Hope you like it, I made it for you."

"It's pretty! Say, would you mind tying it 'round my wrist?"

"Really? But my hands are trembling from nervousness right now." She puts both of her hands in front of her, her palms facing me. I see them shake quite violently so I reach for them in attempt to make them stop. I am surprised that they aren't only shaking, but they are also cold.

Even if she declined, she still reaches for the bracelet from my hand and tries to tie it around my wrist. I chuckle at how cute these fans are when they try to do something nice for you. Specially the ones who are too nervous, they'd just shake in front of you or are unable to articulate their thoughts. Situations like these aren't new to me.

"There, there," I say and rub her back. "It's alright."

After a few minutes she manages to tie it with a unique knot. "You have a cute accent, Kailey."

"I get that a lot in Asia. You also have a cute accent."

"You'll always have the cuter accent, Kailey." She laughs and hugs me really tight. I really enjoy hugs, be it whoever gives it to you. I let her remain like this for as long as she wants.

I look around for Flame Alyconia and Irony Affairs to see that each of them are also entertaining respective fans. I laugh when I see Trevor talking to three girls who are obviously drooling over him. He's not the type to entertain these girls and he'd always call them crazy.

"Did you know, some people said that when I sing I sound just like you?" the girl hugging me says and looks up to me, her eyes shining from moisture. I bet she's holding back her tears. Again, this scene is not new to me at all, but having a fan tell me that my voice is similar to hers is something that has never happened until now.

"Really? May I hear you sing, then? Please?" I beg excitedly. I want to hear if it is true.

She runs her fingers through her throat and coughs a little. I watch her breathe in and sing: Will I see you in the morning? When all the stars fade just to have you wake?