Ch 31: Day Two At Flame Alyconia's Residence

TREVOR~

“Get up, lazyass.”

It’s the first thing I hear before I even open my eyes. I still feel the heat from fever coming from my body, though it doesn’t feel as worse at it is before. I get up with much effort, knowing that my body’s stiff from a bad sleeping position.

Oh, wait. I fell asleep! Damn!

I gasp in wonder, asking myself why Zephyr’s sitting beside me and telling me to wake up. “Oh finally, you’re up,” he mutters flatly.

“Kailey!” I breathe. “Where is she?!”

“Downstairs, man, with the other dudes.”

I sigh a breath of frustration because it seems like she just preferred to mingle with the other boys than to clear things up between us. Her pulling away from the kiss is a pain in the chest. An agonizing pain. A tormenting memory.

Zephyr puffs a cigarette that irritated my throat even more and I cough. “And why the are you even here, fucker?”

He points to the TV that he had set in a high volume. “Can’t I enjoy a good show for once, hothead?”

I never really liked this guy, but something about him bothers me though. “Hey, Rick said you were the mastermind behind this?”

“Yeah.”

“How come?”

“Don’t you ever think I’m doing this for you,” he snaps. “I owe Poxy a lot as well, just so you know. You’re not the only one indebted to her.” He inhales deeply and grabs a cookie on the table. “You’re not the usual sour hothead like before. I wanna change too.”

That only silenced me. “Wanna drink?” he asks in a way that sounded more like teasing than inviting, raising a wine glass with brown liquor. Now I know why the living room smelled like alcohol when I woke up.

An unwelcome thought comes into my mind and I couldn’t stop myself from asking Zephyr, even if I never once enjoyed a conversation with him. “Is everyone in the house drunk?” Please say no, please say no.

“Yeah.”

My heart starts to pound quickly. “Everyone?!”

“I don’t see the point of you making me repeat— Hey!”

I dash towards the stairs, scattering my pillows and blankets while I’m at it. If what Zephyr says is true, then my only concern would be Kailey. She just can’t be intoxicated again, not when there are a lot of things we should talk about! And everyone knows her when she’s drunk—she’s far from her senses, and damn, she never recalls a thing afterwards!

There she is, sitting on a high stool and talking to Oliver and Nathan on a table fixed on a wall. She sits funnily, but I refuse to embrace the idea that she has already drunk enough to awaken her other self, the intoxicated side of her.

 “Kailey!” I shout, even before reaching the table. The three of them face me, and just by one look at her face, I know I’m too late for everything.

There goes my chances. There goes the personal talk I was planning a while ago. There goes all the words I’m going to say to her. There goes all the questions. There goes all the opportunities to make this right. All dead gone.

I move over her, trying to check if she still recognizes me. She, however, surprisingly throws her arms around me that Oliver, Nathan and I wear an expression of shock. “I’m dizzy,” she tells me.

 “I’m bringing her to her room,” I say and immediately wrap an arm around her butt to carry her. She wraps her legs around me—man, this feels good—and I support her back with my free arm.