Ch 17: Teach Me How To Rock, Post Hardcore Icon

TREVOR~

Just like how it was back in the recording studio, I, along with my bandmates, hold our breaths, anxious of what she’s going to say next. Why she has this effect on us by just using just a few gestures and eye contacts has always been a mystery to me. I’ve been holding my breath for quite some time now and I’ve only been aware of it when I gasped the moment she briskly looked at me straight in the eye.

“And... Trevor shouldn’t avoid interviews.”

What she just said fills the whole dining area of the restaurant with howls of laughter. I remain on my seat unmoving, watching my bandmates and the Flame Alyconia dudes laugh their heads off.

“You should’ve watched him reply awkwardly to funny questions, Poxy!” Rick exclaims, bits of food falling from his mouth. “The videos having him talk are rare but golden!”

“And very funny!” Xavier adds.

“Really?" Kialey says. "Well, Trevor should get more exposure then. People will love a funny video.”

“Hey, hey!” I interrupt. “I don’t know why the hell you guys find it amusing, when I don’t see myself answering weird questions from random strangers amusing at all.”

“Well it’s because of the way you project yourself on cam,” Xavier says as he helps himself to a cup of wine. ”You wear a serious face all the time. People wouldn’t expect you to just smirk awkwardly at every question.”

“It’s because they are weird.”

“Well our Kailey is an expert in entertaining weird questions,” Oliver claims. His bandmates, even Kailey, nod in unison. I look at their lead singer in awe of her witty talent. I know, I've heard and I've seen. 

“Ample amount of humor, my friend,” she says and gives me a wink.

I flash her a smile, while contemplating to myself. I’ve said a million times that I don’t deal with girls really well. Normally, when I treat a girl badly just like how I did to her, I don’t hear from them anymore, but Kailey’s case is different. Here she is, chatting with me and my bandmates like nothing bad has happened between us.

Xavier follows up with another question, and pretty soon they're immersed in laughter again, Kailey giving her best advice while still not forgetting to add that ample amount o humor.

“Then you should make Richard be in charge of Irony Affairs’ Twitter account,” I hear her say, suppressing a chuckle while spooning her soup into her mouth.

August, who's just beside Kailey, agrees with her. Smirking at the idea, he adds, “Yeah, I wanna see how things would turn out then.”

Rick hits the table with both of his palms which startles us all. “That’s what I’ve been trying to tell them!” He looks at Nathan and grins. “See, dude? Poxy says so, so gimme the password!”

“When you said ‘be in charge’ you mean ‘hack’?” I say, recalling the time when I forgot to log out of my my Twitter account, Rick tweeted things that made me sound girly. He even said something like, "I wanna get laid with Rick tonight!" He even included pictures of cats and flowers. Worse, he changed my primary photo into a kitten gnawing on a purple ribbon. It was unforgivable.

“Trevor, shut up. I don’t do hacking," Rick says. "I’m more on the advertising guy. Advertising our music.”

“You hacked my twitter account once, you pesky asshole.”

“Yeah, he did that to my account too!” Zephyr says. For a moment, I feel relieved that I got someone on my side, even if he’s the guy I don’t get to work well with.