Ch 36: Day Three At Flame Alyconia's Residence

KAILEY~

Trevor lays me gently on his bed and strokes my head like I’m a fragile baby. He plants his trademark kiss on my forehead which I secretly enjoy every time he does it. He walks out of the room for a while—to change into something more comfortable, I think—and leaves me here for my eyes to wander around his room.

I never really paid close attention to his personal space. All I remember about his room is being on his nice, soft bed with his arms coiled around me. Then I’d drift into a comfortable sleep, feeling so secure from my dear Trevor's embrace. When I wake up, his face is the first thing I see and I’d stare at him for several minutes, appreciating him even more. I’d then slowly get up from bed and cook him breakfast. Afterwards, I’d return to his bedroom to see him still fast asleep, and I’d watch his face again before waking him up.

Talk about greatest mornings in my life.

Speaking of who, Trevor returns to the room with a blanket on hand. He hands it to me and I cover myself with it, inhaling the familiar Trevor scent from the piece of fabric.

“Are you going to drive me to my house tomorrow?” I ask after he slips under the same blanket I’m under.

He moves from his position and shows me a face. “Are you crazy? Of course I will! And I’ll drive you there. Then I won’t leave until I’m convinced that you’re safe.”

I knew it. Why’d I even bother asking?

He draws closer to my side and reaches for the light switch by my side. He turns it off and flicks his lampshade on. “Good night, sunshine. I’ll see you in my dreams.”

Aww, ain’t that cute.

However, stubborn enough, I don’t reply. I don’t want him sleeping yet, not when we have so little time left for us to be together. “Trev, I don’t feel sleepy.”

“Oh, you don’t? But you need to sleep. You said you need to leave by the time the sun rises tomorrow.”

But I am insistent. “Don’t you wanna talk all night? I don’t really feel like sleeping.”

I show him the saddest puppy eyes and the most childish pout I could make, and by this, I know this guy could never win against me. He looks at me with an expression that does not tell otherwise. “Fine, you win.” He laughs. “What do you want to talk about?”

“I dunno, more about yourself?”

“I thought you had ‘stalker data’ in your brain?” he says teasingly.

“I’m not satisfied from data I got from years ago! There should be something more about you.” I breathe in and run my finger from his cheek to his chin, while inhaling the sweet smell of his aftershave. “What about those bird figurines on your shelf?”

“Ohh, those? That’s Travis’ collection.” He glances at each bird from under the dim lights, following the direction I’m looking at. “We used to go bird watching together,” he continues. “But his job made him too busy for his favorite pastime nowadays. He passed his collection down to me, cause y’know, I’m his—” he rolls his eyes, “—dear little brother,” he says with a sarcastic laugh.

“Oh c’mon, you must love your brother too,” I say, fighting the urge to laugh at his eye rolling. “Because you keep Travis’ most treasured things inside your bedroom where it's safe, rather than display it in your living room. You must really value it.”

“Well, uhm yeah,” he admittedly says. “I learned to love his hobby too. He actually knows the names of most birds up to the name of its subspecies.”