Ch 39: Trevor, Meet Jane Part Two

TREVOR~

The levels of heightened fangirling drew attention from all band members at the table. The clamor originates from Kailey’s line of anticipating fans, where in front of her is a huge number of girls screaming, squealing and jumping around.

Kailey’s one who could handle a crowd, but I guess that ability’s not effective this time. Puzzled by this new scene, I search her face for clues on what could’ve went wrong. However, I only manage to catch a glimpse of her face under the dancing shadows of the crowd. Her face as I saw it is pale, and she looks stunned and speechless, while mindlessly staring at somebody in front of her.

I trace where her eyes are fixed on. I could help but notice a lone attention-grabbing hair color from the crowd—red, a bright hue actually, in the middle of a pool of ebonies, browns and blondes.

Ah, redheads. I remember when I’d find women with such hair color attractive.

Well, whatever. I’ve got a hot blondie now, and that’s all that matters.

I take another moment again to confirm if it’s the redhead Kailey’s been staring at. My assumption’s true, but, what on Earth could’ve happened between Kailey and the fan? I shove away the idea that this girl could’ve said something wrong to her, since the girl’s too giggly with her friends and them committing an offense to Kailey of some sort doesn’t seem to be the case.  What is it, then? Did Kailey spot an enemy from yesterday? A long time rival? A sister from another mother?

For a brief moment, Kailey looks my way, and when we’ve made eye contact it’s like a wave of fear crashed onto her.

Worried, I reach for her arm and ask, “Kailey, you okay?”

“I’m okay I’m okay,” she answers hastily.  She removes my hand and avoids my gaze.

The bouncers come and take the redhead’s group away for they must’ve been holding the line for so long. However, times like this become a chain reaction. Believe me, I’ve been exposed to incidents like this for years, and what I’m expecting happens.

All people falling in line take the opportunity to catch the band member’s full attention, so they start to be uncontrolled, screaming and pushing and jostling each other just so they could selfishly get close and touch us. The powerful screams to catch our attentions overpower the AAW’s music playing in the background. The barricades and dividers fall, and the friction between the table and the floor is unable to counter the force. The table is pushed towards us, so we had to vacate the autograph area immediately.

I stand up and put an arm around Kailey’s shoulder to take her away from this stressful place. Only, the screams for attention and calling for each of our names worsen, and the bouncers and guards become outnumbered. There isn’t a decent exit around, and we had to push our way through a narrow corridor by our right just to escape this place. Since Flame Alyconia and Irony Affairs are the farthest from the only breakout available, we are forced to let the other dudes get out first.

I secure my Sharpie in a pant pocket when I feel a tug on my elbow. Looking up, I realize that I’m the one closest to the fans and I’m already within their reach.

There’s another pull on my shirt’s hemline, and I hear the threads slowly breaking. I shove the hand pulling my clothes away, but it only makes my limb available for the fans to hook on. Ah, dang. Here comes the fingernail scratches.

“Ah, the ladies. They’re crazy for me!”

Ugh, Rick’s vanity strikes again.

“Shut up, Rick,” I snap while reminding him mentally that the majority’s actually screaming my name and Zephyr’s name.