Chapter 26

"Niall." I heard someone say my name. I opened my eyes but I didn't see anyone in the room. So I. closed my eyes again and tried to fall back asleep.

"Niall." I heard the same voice say again.

I sat up in the chair and scanned the room again. "Niall." I heard again. I turned my head again in the direction that the sound was coming from. But only to see the eyes of a girl who is confused and scared.

"Shh Cassie. I am right here. It is okay. I have to get a doctor. I will be back in 2 seconds." I let go of her hand and went out into the hallway.

"Dr. Wills!" instantly he was standing in front of me. "She woke up. Cassie woke up." He walked into the room and I followed after him.

I walked back over to Cassie's side and grabbed her hand in mine.

"Cassie. I am Dr. Wills and I need to ask you few questions. Okay?" I looked over at Cassie and saw her give him a small nod. 

"Okay. I want you to tell me your whole name."

"Cassie Jane Marrow."

"Very good. Now. Can you tell me what the date is?"

"June, 2013." 

"Yes. Okay good. Tell me, where it hurts right now."

"My head. My head really hurts."

"Okay." He took her hand in his and looked at her in the eye. "Can you squeeze my hand please." he paused the a smile took over his face. "Good job. Now can you squeeze Niall's hand." I gave her a smile, then felt a small squeeze on my hand. I looked up at her and let a smile take place on my lips. "Good job Love." I said to her then gave the doctor a nod. He released his hand from hers and wrote something down on a clipboard.

"Okay, Cassie. Can you wiggle your toes for me?" he asked her. She gave him a smile and a small nod. I looked down at her toes. But I didn't see any movement.

"Cassie. Can you wiggle your toes?" The doctor asked again. I started to panic.

"Baby, just wiggle your toes. You can do it. Please. Just wiggle your toes, just a little. Come on babe." I said to her with a smile so she couldn't see the sacredness in my eyes. 

"Ni- Niall. I just did. Didn't you see?" Those words broke my heart. I just looked down then back at the doctor. He shook his, wrote something down and left the room.

"Good job babe. I am sorry I didn't see." I said almost like I was lying. I gave her hand a kiss and placed it back down on the bed. I felt tears forming in my eyes and quickly looked down.

"Niall. I - I  cant feel my legs." I heard her say. her voice sounded cracked like it was about ready to break. I lifted my head and looked at her.

"Shh. Yes you can. I know you can. Don't cry Love. Please don't cry."

"Niall, you are crying. I know you didn't see  my toes move because they didn't. Cause I cant feel my legs. Something is wrong. Please don't lie. I know something is wrong. It is okay." I cant believe it. She is acting stronger then I am. And I wasn't the one who cant feel or move their legs. I was trying to ignore the truth while she was telling me the truth.

" It is going to be okay Love. I promise." I gave her a kiss on the forehead. I saw her smile back at me. I sat down on her bed next to her with hand still in hers. I pulled out my phone and saw that is was 3 am in the morning. " Cass, you should go back to sleep it is-. Hey, why are crying Love?"

She let go of my hand and covered her face with her hands as she began to sob. I pulled her hands away from her face. "Hey, don't you dare start crying. I know you are stronger then that." I wiped her tears away with my thumb. She gave me a nod then looked back up at me.

"Niall, I'm scared." Her words hurt my heart.

"Don't be. Everything is going to turn out alright. Why don't you lay down and get some sleep. It is only 3 in the morning."  I placed some hair in her face behind her ear. She nodded her head. And closed her eyes.

I got up off the bed to go sit back in the chair but I was pulled back down by a hand on my arm.

"Cass. I am just going to go sit in the chair so you can get some sleep. I wont leave, I promise."

"No. Stay up here with me." She gave me the puppy dogs eyes that she knows I cant say no too. I signed the crawled into the bed next to her. I wrapped my arm around her as she placed her head on my chest.

"Goodnight Cassie." I said as I kissed her on top of her head.

*****Author's Note*****

Short chapter I am sorry.

 I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU GUYS WANT ME TO WRITE A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY OR WRITE A WHOLE NEW FANFIC!????

Questions. 

1) What do you like about Cassie not being able to move or feel her legs??

2) How will the other boys react to Cassie's condition?

3) Do you want Ed to come in the story soon?

4) Will Niall leave Cassie because of her condition?

5) What week was your favorite video diary when the boys were on the XFactor?

 Love,

   Katie <3