Chapter 27

*****CASSIE'S POV*****

I have been stuck in this fucken hospital  for like 3 weeks! And they wont let me out. I just want to go home. All the beeping and buzzing from the machines around me. I want to throw a rock at the dumb things.

I get bored so easily. And I have stay in my room cause I cant use my freaken legs! when I would get bored I would start to think. And when  I would think, I would cry. Cry at the fact that I will never be able to use or feel my legs again.

Harry would come everyday and stay most of the day then go back home. When he was there he would always try to cheer my up by coming up with dumb jokes and pranks. One day when he was trying to get me to laugh I snapped and yelled at him.  And ever since then he just come in and sits down and rarely says anything. I tried to apologize one day, but he just got up and left the room.

Zayn came once and he walked in on my crying while staring at my legs. I gave him one glance and I haven't seen him since. Niall tried to explain to me that Zayn is very sensitive about me and it is hard for him to see my how I am. But i zoned out that entire conversation. 

The others came in groups and stayed an hour or two then left and came back 2 to 3 days later.

Then there was Niall. He wouldn't leave the room for then 5 minutes. He never left my side. And it was really sweet of him. The nurses and doctors have gotten so used to him being there. When they brought me my meals on a tray they would bring him a tray full of food too. About once a day a the same nurse would come in and give Niall coke or something to drink. The nurse was in her mid 30's, it looked like. She was really nice and I think her name is Heather. She was so nice too. She would always come in before she left work to say goodbye to me and Niall and give Niall a snack of some sort.  She even came in to see me when she had the day off. 

 ***FLASHBACK***

On about the fourth day I was staying she brought in a cot for Niall to sleep in. "I don't like it when I see you two in the same bed. It always leads me to questions." She said with a wink towards me and Niall. 

"Heather, it isn't like we doing anything. Just falling asleep and waking back up." Niall said back to her as she placed the cot down on the floor.

"And I bet you will never sleep on this cot. But I am going to leave it here for myself. So that I can at least think that you will be sleeping on it and not with her." She said as she gave Niall's cheeks a pinch. I let out a laugh as she left the room to probably go get Niall something to drink or eat.

She returned back about 5 minutes alter and handed Niall a pudding cup and some apple juice. She walked over and checked some of my IVs and tubes.

"Diner will be out in about an hour or two." she walked over to my side and wiped some hear out of my face. I gave he a nod and she walked out of the room. I was starting to become really close to Heather. She was really nice to me and Niall. She was a really nice lady.

"You aren't  going to make me sleep on that cot are you?" Niall asked my with one eyebrow raised.

"No, as long as Heather doesn't catch you sleeping up here." I replied with a chuckle.

 ***END OF FLASHBACK***

 "Hey you two." Heather said as she walked in to give my  morning medicines. She handed Niall a  package of POP-TARTS and a coke then walked over to me monitor.

"Everything looks good, Cass. I will be right back okay?" She left he room only to return second s later with stuff in her hands.

" Look what mommy Heather brought you." She said as she set down her laptop and a bunch of DVDS, in my lap.