Chapter 2 *~EDITED~*

SUP, LOVES!! I'm baaaaack :D so in this chapter, imma introduce Oli and Scar c: and assorted other shit. MOVING ON... HERE, CHAPTER 2 :D 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

«ZPOV»  

   Woah, I thought I'd never get ready! And, so not trying to sound vain/conceited or anything, I think I'd done a nice job wrapping myself together. I'd done a touch up dye job on my hair, making it a rich, bright red. I'd done that smoky eye thing around my eyes or whatever, and the vibrant emeralds of my irises seemed to pop.

And you know what? I think Madi looked really pretty, too.

  She had thick black eyeliner trimming her kids, making the perfect curve of the ever-desired cat eye. She had this shimmery, possibly blue or purple hued eyeshadow lightly powdered around her eyes, bringing out the warm brown of her irises. She was wearing practically shredded black skinnies clinging to her long, tan legs, the bottom hem of the jeans meeting the black Vans that covered her small feet. A Pierce the Veil tank top was proudly displayed across her torso, the neckline dipping slightly to reveal a decent amount of cleavage and a deep, silvery blue pendant. Decent meaning she was still being a decent human and wasn't looking for guy's attention. Plus, it was pretty humid out tonight.

  Like I'd been saying, we actually looked pretty f a b c;

   "Alright. Are you rEADY for this, Zoe?" Madi shot me an exuberant grin, exciting clear in her eyes.

   "I was fuckin born ready," I verified, unable to keep the genuine smile off of my lips. I grabbed my small drawstring backpack off the counter before moving back towards the window. Just as we were climbing through, though, I suddenly remembered I'd forgotten something hella important. "Wait, shit, give me a sec," I offered, jumping back into the bathroom.

Madi gave me an impatient look, a grimace on her lips. "Goddamnit, Zoe, get your shit together," she joked weakly but I was already dashing back to my room.

Once I was in the safety of my dreadful room, I ripped off the old, worn out tank top I'd been wearing (I just redyed my hair, god), exchanging it instead for my favorite Pierce the Veil tank top. I didn't think a sweatshirt necessary, it was much too hot for that.

I pulled both my phone and my charger out of the wall, showing them away in my bag. I was about to leave the room when I hesitated... would I really need it?¿

With a self-deprecating sigh, I spun around and stuck my hands beneath my pillow, searching around until my fingers closed around the cold, sharp metal blade I so adored and despised. I bit my lip, unsure, before deciding the razor could double as a safety measure, as self-defense. Pulling my bag off of my shoulders, I eased it open and pulled out my phone, pulling back the plastic casing and sticking the razor back there for safe keeping.

   "Madi, gun it!" I shrieked, shimmying out of the bathroom window, turning around to pull it shut before skittering down the shingled roof. The resounding roar of an engine had my adrenaline pumping as I systematically hopped down from the roof, hands catching on the edge as I swung myself down to the pavement below.

   "Took you long enough," she smirked, giving me a sly look out of the corner of her eyes as I took my seat next to her. We were now roaring down the road, leaving the horrible place I called 'home' in the dust. "What were you doing, checking your weird blog?" I rolled my eyes at the comment, Madi didn't understand the whole Tumblr concept. But really, it's better she think that than know what I was really doing. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if she were disappointed in me.