Chapter 28

it's been months, I'm very sorry. shout out to OMAMFangirl01 for the idea, u r a star (^:

*~*~*~*~*

»3rd person pov«

   This is all my fucking fault. Alex Gaskarth had thought a lot of things over the past 2 weeks, but this was the most prominent. They're both gone because of my idiocy. Alex blamed himself for the incident with Nurse Slut or whatever her name was, knowing full well that if he had just stayed by Vic's side like he ought to have Vic would probably be awake and okay.

He couldn't say the same for Zoe, that was all James fault, but at least if Vic was okay she'd have somebody to hold her hand while her body fought to awaken.

Speaking of James, that fool had gotten himself caught and arrested, his arrogance causing him to confess to his crimes with a smile upon his face. However, the police couldn't gather enough evidence to bring James to court and he was later released, much to everybody's surprise and disappointment.

  There wasn't a single trace of the Nurse to be found anywhere, the security footage leading to nothing. She'd seemingly disappeared into thin air.

Alex had made it his duty to remain by Vic Fuentes's side, almost like a watchdog, keeping him safe from all the bad nurses in the world. Much to Jack's annoyance, Alex wouldn't leave the hospital, not even for jelly beans.

   "But Alex, you can't just stay here for ever," Jack protested, a hurt look on his face. "You can't blame this on yourself, okay? It wasn't your fault and I doubt Vic would've wanted this to happen." Jack Barakat was being extremely serious for once, which was odd for him, he was never one to take things serious.

   "Jack, I fucking can't." Alex sighed, rubbing his face vigorously. The stubble on his cheeks scratched against his callused fingers, but he barely registered it. It'd been stressful as fuck trying to keep up this facade, but he couldn't do it anymore.

   "Please, at least come outside for a breath of fresh air? I know you could use one." Jack pleaded, and the very idea of sunlight and cool air made Alex's skin tingle. He could feel his walls breaking down, brick by Goldman brick, and the next thing he knew he was being ushered out the front doors of the hospital.

   "Has it always been this.. bright?" Alex grimaced, hands shielding his eyes as he looked around. Wow, the outside world sure was bright, what the fuck? And color, there was so much color..!

   "Of fucking course, idiot. Maybe if you'd leave that wretched hospital room for once, you'd know that." Jack grinned, excited. Alex had actually given in, holy fuck, this was great!

   "Ugh, don't even remind me." Alex shook his head, laughing anxiously. "We should get coffee or something, I guess. Hospital coffee is fucking disgusting, did you know? Yuck." He began walking forward, sort of in the general direction of the Starbucks he preferred, but Jack extended a hand and stopped him.

   "Actually, we're going home first." At Alex's blank face, he elaborated. "You smell like a fucking hobo covered in dried horse cum and garbage. I think a shower would be of interest, bro," His nose scrunched up in disgust and that was the first time Alex had actually considered that. How long has it been since he showered..?

He lifted an arm subtly, taking a whiff of his pits and coughing. "Point taken. C'mon, Wendy," he grinned for the first time in a while, glancing at Jack. Jack returned the grin happily and they began the short walk home.

-_

   "You're so stupid, Zoe," Madi muttered in frustration, hating the helpless feeling she got in her chest whenever she laid eyes upon Zoe's sleeping form. After weeks of missing her best friend, she got her back, but not the way she'd been expecting. Zoe had returned lifeless and nearly dead and, as if that wasn't enough, she was now in a coma. Part of Madi wondered if maybe this was a modern retelling of the Sleeping Beauty tale, but that seemed stupid. Besides, Vic, Zoe's Prince, wasn't faring any better. How is he supposed to kiss her awake if the idiot's in the same state as she is?? "'It'll be an adventure!' my fucking ass. Some adventure," Madi sighed in exhaustion, suddenly drained.