Chapter 27

So, you wanted Zoe alive? Mkay, well here goes...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«VPOV»

I woke up to the sounds of monitors beeping and that strong, overly clean smell that only a hospital could possess. My entire body ached, but I could pinpoint the pain to my shoulder.

Ugh, my shoulder. I raised a hand, ghosting my fingertips over the damp bandages that covered the injury.

I wonder what happened..?

Zoe. Ohmygod, Zoe! She's alive and well! I shot up from the bed, fast as motherfucking lightning, mind you, only to be stopped by someone.

   "Woah, Vic," Alex whispered cautiously, holding up his hands. What- Where did Alex come from?

Speaking of Alex, he looked like shit. He had huge bags under his eyes, and was wearing the same clothes he'd been wearing when I saw him last. Which reminds me...

   "How long have I been out?" I asked, my voice coming out all dry and hoarse.

   "What, no 'Hey Alex, thanks for having my back!' or anything?" Alex said jokingly, the ghost of a smile hinting at his lips.

   "Hey Alex, thanks for the memories," I smirked weakly. "Even though they weren't so good..." He laughed.

   "You're not pop punk enough to make that reference," Alex smiled, blinking sleepily. "And yeah, glad to see you awake, Fuentes. It's been 3 days." Making today Saturday, July 27th.

   "And... and Zoe?" I asked timidly, looking him dead in the eye. "D-Did Zoe make it?" Did I really want to know this? Yes. Yes I did. I needed to.

He gave me a grim look and I immediately assumed the worst. "I'm sorry, Vic," he began, looking down. "But they couldn't get her conscious. She's in a coma. She's alive, don't get me wrong, but her body is still healing. Or some doctor shit, I honestly don't know."

Alive... she's ALIVE.

A smile slowly spread across my face and  for the first time in weeks, I felt truly happy.

   "Get the doctor," I asked him urgently, trying to sit up. "Now, please."

   "Sir, yes sir!" Alex saluted me before hurrying out of the room.

A couple minutes later, the doctor came in. Or was she a nurse..? I honestly don't know.

She looked like a... slut, for lack of a better word.-.

[A/N: familiar with Bring Me the Horizon? Envision the nurse chick from the It Never Ends, mkay?]

She had tattoos, too, and lots of them. I idly wondered bow she got the job, but whatever. It's none of my business.

   "'Ello, cutie," she smiled at me, her kind, british voice startling me. "You've been out for a couple of days now. How're you feeling?" She asked.

   "Fine." I said, sitting up in the bed. "When can I leave?" I asked hurriedly.

   "Leave?" Her eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, the fun's only just begun, doll," she whispered, pulling a needle out of her pocket. My eyes widened as she stuck it into my IV bag-thing, the clear liquid blending in with the salt water.

   "Wha' you doin'?" I asked confusedly, starting to feel extremely drowsy.

   "You'll understand everything in due time, honey. But for now," she whispered sinisterly, kissing my cheek. "You must sleep..." she backed away from me now, heading back to the door.

My vision was gradually blurring and darkening, but the last thing I saw before slipping into unconsciousness was Alex's worried face bursting through the door, a doctor at his side.

***

[A/N: not done yet c;]

«ALEX'S POV»

   "Hey! Hey, you, I need a doctor!" I asked the first person I saw as I ran out of Vic's room.

   "Excuse me, sir, but I'm just a trial nurse," the guy who I'd run into said.

   "Just- uh, fuck. Help me find a doctor," I said urgently, grabbing his arm and pulling him along with me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a red headed chick covered with tattoos and barely any clothing click past us (she's wearing heels, so). I brushed it off.

I don't know what happened, but the trial nurse dude got his supervisor to find the doctor assigned to Vic's room. I explained Vic's request. Then we headed back in Vic's direction.

   "So, any word on Zoe Hyperion's condition?" I asked randomly, trying to make small talk.

   "She's that chick who got stabbed or something, right?" Doctor Bokan clarified. "Direcly related with Victor's case, am I right?"

I nodded my head. "Well, she wasn't responding well to any of our efforts, so we had to put her into a coma to keep her alive-" I cut him off.

   "Yes, I was already aware of this-"

   "and there's no telling how long she'll be in a coma for so." Oh, shit. Vic's not gonna like that at all.

We continued the rest of the way in silence.

When we got to the room, the door was already being opened by someone. With a surprised look in her eye, the chick who'd opened the door glanced back at Vic quickly before darting from the room. Me and Dr. Bokan rushed into the room, Vic asleep on the bed.

   "Morphine, and lots of it." Bokan declared grimly, holding a needle. "An amount as large as this could be deadly," he'd pulled it out of Vic's IV bag.

   "Well, what the fuck are you waiting for?! Wake him up!" I yelled, ripping the IV out of Vic's arm. He lie motionless on the body, the monitors at his side beeping wildly.

   "Shit," he muttered, already working on the machines. Vic was literally having palpitations on the bed, gasping and choking, yet he wasn't conscious. 

I was sweating really badly and my heart seemed to be beating 1000 miles an hour and I couldn't stop shaking and I felt so- so helpless

   "Breathe, 'Lex," Jack's voice seemed to tell me, and I was really confused still. Am I telepathic, too? I idly wondered, but Jack's voice spoke up again. "No, you piece of shit, you're having a panic attack. So just fucking breath, okay?" As soon as he said that, I realized I'd been hyperventilating. Which is probably why I felt like I was going to pass out.-.

Taking deep breaths, I tried to follow Jack's advice. See, Jack knows everything about me, especially about the panic attacks. Therefor, he's had to deal with them before and, inevitably knows how to calm me down. 

Slowly, I felt myself coming back to reality. Sound gradually filtered back in and, with that, the sound of heart monitors flatlining.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey, sorry for the long wait. And about the cliffie, but yeah

Toodloo (~:

~Gavi