Chapter 29

sorry the last chapter was so.. shitty
ugh
yeah let's go

~*~*~*~

previously on STTOKR...
A loud groan from the man on the hospital bed almost had the Doctor doing a victory dance. "What the heck?" Vic coughed after a beat, eyes opening wide. "I'm still here??"

»VPOV«

   "You're a-fucking-live, this is fucking amazing--!" Doctor Bokan whooped, slamming his clipboard over his knee and breaking the flimsy plastic in half. "I'm so fucking pumped, woooh, let me call your dude!" with that, the doctor literally danced out of the room, leaving me feeling confused as hell.

   "Uh, yeah. You do that, Beau," I mumbled underneath my breath. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do now, how long had I been out? And who was the bitch who drugged me? Dammit... how was Zoe even doing?? Fuck.

I felt like I'd been waiting for hours by the time the Doctor came back into the room. "This is, like, a medical miracle, Vic," he said seriously,  sitting down in the chair next to Vic's bed.

   "Uh, why is that?" I wondered, confused.

Bokan sighed, wiping his hand down his face. "Dude, you've been in a coma for weeks," he informed Vic scratching his head. "What's the last thing you remember?"

I sighed before beginning my long story. Just kidding, it was fairly short, but whatever. tIME SKIP MOFOS

-

   "Vic, Vic, VIC!" Alex screamed the moment he walked into my room, looking ready to jump me. But then he thought better of it, after all, I'm a hospital patient, that wouldn't look good. He smiled and I swear I watched thousands of pounds drop from his shoulders. "I didn't think you'd ever wake back up, fuck,"

   "What'd I tell you about getting out of here, Alex? This isn't helping--" Jack Barakat's annoyed voice cut off as he gasped, setting his eyes on Vic. "Holy shit," he whispered.

Me, on the other hand, I sat up and got out of the bed. All I was wearing was the standard pale grey hospital gown, loosely tied around my back. There was a slight breeze down there, if you catch my drift. OOOH DOUBLE PUN GET ON MY FUCKIN LEVEL.

ANYWAY. There was a slight tugging in my arm and, upon closer inspection, I found an IV sticking out of my arm. I promptly ripped it out, to which Alex gasped in surprise.

   "What the fuck are you doing?" He asked incredulously as I got up and went to the sink. From there, I got a drink of water for my parched throat before Alex started sniggering. "Nice cheeks, by the way," I turned around, blushing slightly.

   "Awh, thanks Sugar," I said cheekily, before asking if he had any spare clothes. A pair of jeans, at the very least.

   "Here, I've been meaning to change and all but..." He shrugged, tossing me a bundle of clothes.

   "Thanks, man, I really appreciate it."

Going into the bathroom, I inspected my appearance. Oh, lord. I idly wondered if Alex had a brush..? Eh. Unwrapping the bundle, I discovered a Glamour Kills tank top, just my size, and some über long gray skinny jeans. I guess I'd find a pair of underwear whenever I got back to the bus, right? I had to roll the hems of my jeans up like fifty times but, in the end, they fit really nicely. I didn't know where my socks or shoes were so I decided to worry about that later.

But then I caught a whiff of my man odor... fucking christ, when was the last time I applied deodorant??? I fucking reek! Ew!
  Sighing, I turned on the water faucet and lamely splashed my face, washing off the dirt and drool and eye crusties that were caked on me before turning around and opening the door. There sat Alex and Jack, in the middle of a seemingly heated conversation, which stopped the moment I walked through the door.

   "Look at you, you look like a musician again!" Alex exclaimed suddenly, getting up from his chair so fast it scratched across the linoleum floor, toppling over. "Uh,"

I just blinked in confusion, putting a hand on my hip  sassily, I might say. "Alright, what's going on?" I demanded, realizing that I'd walked in on something I probably shouldn't've.

   "Nothing--" Alex spluttered, but stopped when he caught sight of Jack's death glare. Jack's death glare?? Since when did Jack death glare at people?? "I mean, uh,"

Jack sighed, his angry facade dropping. "It's nothing against you, Vic, but uh..." he trailed off uncertainly. "Alex has been spending all his free time here because he thought it was his fault, right? But uh, now that you're awake, I just... I don't see why he's still.. here." He finished lamely, playing with his fingers.

I took a look at Alex, a really close look, and saw the exhaustion across his face: his hair was not styled, woah, and he had deep purple rings beneath his tired eyes. Don't forget the stubble, holy shit, when was the last time he shaved? "Oh." I mumbled, gulping. "Alex, dude, I'm all good now. See?" I wiggled my arms around. "You don't need to stay.."

   "But that's just it, I have to. Sure, when this all started, we were merely acquaintances, but now.. now we're friends. And friends don't leave friends behind," He mumbled, making Jack giggle.

   "Lilo and Stitch, much?" Jack grinned, rolling his eyes. After that, the mood seemed to lighten substantially.

   "Oh. Well, as my friend, could you do me one last favor?" I asked, sitting back down on my hospital bed.

   "Sure, of course," Alex agreed immediately, regret flashing in his eyes. Not regret at saying, sure, no, this was something different. Was he still angry with himself for me going into a coma?

I smiled, pushing the thought from my head. "Get me discharged, please. I need to go shower and see my band and see my girlfriend,"

Both Jack and Alex grinned this time, Jack shooting me a grateful look. "Pffft, no problemo," Alex nodded his head, spinning on his heel. "Be right back, Fuentes," He said over his shoulder as he ran from the room, Jack hot on his heels.

   "Sweet," I said to no one in particular, settling back down onto the soft hospital bed. I'd be out and ready to go soon enough and for that, I was happy.

~*~*~*~
Short but sweet, right? I feel this chapter is loads better in comparison to last chapter tbh. sorry for taking a month to update, I'm actually getting back into the swing of things with Scaring The Thought Of Kissing Razors. Thank you to everybody who is still reading this, especially the ones who've been with this story since June of 2013. Have a great day, guys!
~Gavi(^: