Chapter 20

Yo, how 'bout dat cliffie c;

Sorry about that, but who do you think was in the car?

Well

YOU'LL FIND OUT SHORTLY

AND YAY FOR ANOTHER UPDATE ;U;

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«ZPOV»

"We're NOT lost, Zoe," Vic assured me. But his eyes gave him away, they always do. And he's a bad liar.

"LIES!" I yelled, whipping out my phone. I was planning on calling Madi, maybe she'd come pick us up, but nO BARS. "I don't have bars, either. Ugh, Vic. JuST UGH." I shoved him away, causing him to veer off the path. Lul oops sorrynotsorry.

"uGH ZOE, JUST UGH," he mimicked me, shoving me some. I tripped and fell to the ground, laughing.

"Hey, no shoving," I whined, laughing a bit.

Suddenly, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. You know that feeling you get when someone's watching you? Yeah, I feel your pain.

Subtly, I glanced around. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary; there was a black car on the road. I shook off the feeling.

"Need a hand, darling?" He extended a hand, smirking. I got the strangest feeling of deja vu when he said 'darling', like I've done this before. Like WE'VE done this before. Weird.

I smiled pleasantly at him.

Or evilly, it could've been an evil smile.

"Of course!" I gripped his hand and, taking him by surprise, pulled with everything I had. Yelping, he hit the ground next to me.

"Ugh, you're so mEAN, Zoe," Vic grumbled, jutting out his bottom lip. Awwwwww, he looks so cOOT. "Hmmph, I don't wanna talk to you anymore, peasant,"

Oh my God. One moment I was fine, but the next moment I'm laughing like a hyena.

"Oh my God, I can't," I choked out as I rolled around, holding my belly. "I just cAN'T!"

Within a moment, we were both reduced to dirty messes of laughter in the dirt. First, I was laughing. Then, Vic was laughing at ME laughing.

Ugh, we're never gonna get aNYWHERE like this.

After a couple minutes of laughter, we slowly got up off the ground and started walking again. Keyword being "slowly," though.

"Dude, where ARE we-" I had that feeling again. Maybe I was going insane. Whipping my head around, I caught sight of a car. Not just ANY car, though. It was that same black one. It's going really slow- are we being stalked?

Noticing my actions, Vic turned around, searching.

"Vic." I whispered cautiously. His eyes snapped to mine. I was getting that weird deja vu again. "I think someone's stalking us."

His eyes widened, and he glanced back at the car again. It was going much more slowly now. "You know what? I think you're right.."

I looked ahead, guesstimating the distance between HERE, where we were standing, and the next stop light. There was more traffic ahead, but we were walking along a deserted stretch of road. I think we left the city limits, or were in the outskirts, because a forest stretched along the right of us."Do you think we can make it?" I asked out of the corner of my mouth, staring ahead.

Suddenly, the car/stalker sped up and stopped about 50 yards in front of us. We skidded to a stop as whoever was in the car jumped out.

We exchanged glances. "Not anymore, we'll have to go in a different direction." he grabbed my hand. Butterflies exploded in my stomach. "On the count of three, then."