Chapter 13

Hey. So, yeah. I mentioned in last chapter that they were gonna play in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. So I live in Wisconsin, like 2 hours away from Milwaukee. '-' hope you guys don't mind me plopping myself and my buddy into this chapter c:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«ZPOV»

[Fast forward to Monday afternoon]

So we were in Milwaukee, finally, and the boys were gonna play at The Rave tonight. We'd gotten our bunks in yesterday, thank god. I didn't want to be a bother to Vic by having to sleep with him every night. I enjoyed waking up in his arms, cuddling, but I'm gonna have to move into my own bunk. Sigh.

We decided to check out Milwaukee a bit yesterday, and that was really fun. The guys weren't playing Warped this year, but Warped would be coming through here in a couple months. I really wanna go, Sleeping with Sirens was gonna play!! Next to Pierce the Veil, they're my favorite band. Hue.

I was currently sitting in my bunk sketching, my earbuds in. Bring Me the Horizon blasted into my ears, blocking out the world.

Was I your knight in shining armor,

the Apple of your eye

Or just a step, a fucking step to climb?

My hands had a mind of their own, drawing what they pleased. I wasn't even paying attention to what it was that I was drawing. Grabbing my colored pencils, I shaded in every line.

I finally looked at what I had drawn. More like who I'd drawn.

Baby blue eyes, shining blonde hair, soft pink lips lifted into a smile, dimples showing. I gasped, dropping my pencil onto the paper. There was a hidden evil behind those baby blues, and I was too in love to notice it until it was too late. His name echoed throughout my head as tears formed in my black-rimmed eyes. Nathan Isles.

All the memories I'd tried to block away flooded back. Every harsh word, cut, bruise, slap, punch, everything. Every single fucking thing came back.

When I was just a freshman, I fell in love with who I thought was the most loving, caring, beautiful guy ever. But as usual, nothing was what it seemed. He used me. He abused me. He hurt me, both physically and emotionally. I was trapped in that "relationship" for a year and a half.

At first, he was kind, nice, and said he loved me. All was well for a time. But then, something happened. He became violent, constantly hurting me with both his words and his fists.

I of course thought it was something I did. I changed everything about me, bleaching my chocolate brown hair blonde, wearing more makeup, changing my appearance.

I thought he was just going through things, and stayed with him because I loved him.

But I couldn't deal with the pain.

I started cutting, and became depressed.

One night, I decided enough was enough and left him. I was scared, so I even went so far as to switch to school on the other side of town. That's where I met Oli.

I had always kept a stick of concealer with me, and I never told anybody about the abuse. Any of it. But Madi and Scar knew something was up. To this day, I've never told anybody about it. And I don't plan to, either.

As tears poured down my cheeks, I crumpled the paper up and kicked it under my blankets. The song switched. King For a Day by Pierce the Veil came on.

Please, won't you push me for the last time,

Lets scream until there's nothing left

So sick of playing, I don't want this anymore.