Chapter 23

Lul hey

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. I might be a bit late on that bUT HEY I SAID It

GUYS I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS RATHER HORRIBLE AT THE END. WARNING: RAPE IS TALKED ABOUT *SOB* SORRY ;-;-;-;-;

Sorry for taking so long with updates and such. I've had a lot on my mind and aLL MY STORIES ARE SUCKING BC OF IT UGH

So let's do a flashback type of thing now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«ZPOV»

As I lay sobbing on the cold, uncomfortable concrete floor, all I could think about was Vic. His seemingly lifeless body lying in that ditch on the side of the road, his crimson blood staining the earth...

**heavenly music* bc flashback time c:*

After scaling the trees, we'd made it to the edge of the forest. "We did it!" I grinned, high fiving Vic. But I knew from the look in his eyes that I was wrong.

    "Did you really?" Somebody whispered harshly from behind us. No, not somebody. James.

As soon as a screamed, Vic crumpled into the ground. What even?

It was early morning, yeah, and the sun was also shining, sure. But that didn't make it any easier for me to see what was or had happened. I couldn't see where James was either.

Fear coursing through my veins, I decided to make my getaway. Taking a deep breath, I mentally prepared myself for this-

My thoughts were cut short when I felt the cold barrel of a gun make contact with my temple. "Don't even THINK about it." James whispered menacingly into my ear, startling me. His other arm wrapped around me, pinning my arms down and my body close to his. "You're not going aNYwhere, slut." Eyes wide, I felt what little hope of escape I had left leave me.

   "What do you want, James?" I was going for strong, but my voice caught in my throat at "James", so I sounded exactly how I felt: fearful. Yuuuuck.

He chuckled darkly. "Why, silly Zoe," His voice got edgy. "I want yOU."

   "Haven't you tormented me ENOUGH, James? Why take away what little happiness I have left?" I whispered already knowing the answer. He was right; silly me. I don't deserve happiness.

   "Well, what is it that brings you happiness?" He asked tauntingly. I don't think I should answer him. I won't. "Him?" He snarled, taking the gun from my head and pointing it at Vic. James took my sharp intake of breath as a yes.

   "To answer your silly question... Because," he snapped, placing his finger on the trigger. "You're mine! Only I can give you happiness!"

Bang!

I could only watch in a horrified silence, tears cascading down my cheeks, as I heard the air whoosh from Vic's lungs. The deep crimson started to blossom in big splotches across his plain grey V-neck, staining it red.

   "W-What the f-f-fUCK, J-James?" I sobbed, my knees buckling beneath me. "W-What the f-fuck i-is wr-wr-wr-" I couldn't do this anymore. I collapsed to the ground, starting to hyperventilate. All I could get out was "Why?"

It was at that moment that I finally knew how big of a role Vic played in my life. I understood how much he meant to me, how I so desperately needed him to survive.

And, like usual, I realized all of this at the worst possible moment.

*back to the present*

At this point, I was no longer alive. I was just breathing. With Vic probably dead, and the girls having no idea what happened to us, I had no reason to live anymore.

Nobody was gonna come to my rescue this time, nobody was going to save me.

*~*~*

I didn't know what day it was anymore; I'd lost count a long time ago. Hell, it could've been days ago that this all happened, it could've been weeks ago. It didn't really matter, though. I'd already accepted my fate. I was to die here, alone in this empty warehouse.

All I had left to get me through the days were random memories, random bits of deja vu that struck me every now and then. Slowly, bit by awful bit, my memory seemed to be returning to me.

At least I could think of better times, right?

*flashback*

We'd gotten a huge bag of jelly beans one time. We spent the entire afternoon guessing the flavors, making a big game of it.

   "THIS JELLY BEAN," I pulled a random bean out of the bag and held it up in the air. It was... brown. "IS MOST LIKELY COFFEE FLAVORED." I bit into it, and immediately corrected myself. "DIRT, KIDS. THIS IS DIRT."

Vic started laughing at me from his spot on the couch next to me. "Very observative, Zoe," he reached into the bag that was in the middle of us. "Well, it's pink and has random rainbow colored spots everywhere. Tutti Frutti?" He popped it into his mouth before spitting it out. "Yuck ew nope."

   "Somebody got vomit," I giggled, watching as he ran to the kitchen area to rinse out his mouth. Aww, he's so adorable..

*end of flashback*

My bubble was abruptly popped as I heard the slamming of a door. My eyes snapped open automatically, fear flitting through my veins. He's back, I thought grimly, as I pushed myself into the corner.

   "Zoe, darling," James called out loudly, approaching me. He seemed in a good mood... "How've you been?"

I just glared angrily at him. "Go fuck yourself," I spat, nostrils flaring.

[A/N:GUYS THIS IS WHAT I WARNED YOU ABOUT]

He smirked at me, hands wandering down to his belt. He undid it before sliding it out of the loop holes of his jeans. "Well, I normally would but..." He lifted his baby blue tank top over his head before throwing it to the side. "I'd much rather fuck you." My eyes widened once I realized what he meant.

   "What?" I uttered, taken aback. No... he wouldn't...

Before he could get any closer, though, I jumped to my feet and tried to escape.

But he was prepared for that. Tackling me from behind, he landed on top of me on the ground. Ouch, that would surely bruise. Ugh.

   "We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way," he whispered into my ear. "Your choice."

By now, silent tears were flowing down my cheeks. I couldn't stop this, I couldn't do anything at all.

   "No, please don't," I screamed uselessly as he ripped my clothes off.

Not long after, my mind just shut off and I went numb. I retreated into my own little world inside my head, completely shutting out reality.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

gUYS I'M SORRY UGH FORGIVE ME PLEASE

Ugh it's taken me way too long to write this jeez

And I wasn't expecting it to turn out like this but hEY

ugh sorry once again.

Next chapter or more won't be from Zoe's POV, just a heads up

Thanks for reading c:

~Gavi