Chapter 25

Only a couple chapters left, guys. And yes, I've decided that this story won't have a happy ending. Sorry.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«ZPOV»

   "Meet me at the cemetery tonight, 11 o'clock sharp. Come alone, and if I catch any sign of the police she's dead. We'll be seeing each other real soon, Victor. Goodbye." James spoke into the phone before ending the call. Then his gaze fell on me. "Well, this ought to be rather entertaining." He said, throwing his head back and laughing.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "You're fucking crazy." I muttered, resting my head on my knees.

He stopped laughing immediately. "Excuse me?" He asked in a disbelieving tone of voice. "How so?" He challenged.

   "Do you really think that you can get away with this?" I narrowed my eyes at him as if he were stupid. Which he is.-.

   "Yes, I do, Zoe." He spat out. "And I fucking will, too. My plan is flawless! Come nightfall, I'll have hurt you where it hurts the most. Just like you hurt me!" He grabbed the duct tape off of the table near the wall before slowly approaching me. Wait, what?

   "How the flying fuck did I hurt you? Were you the one getting the shit beaten out of them multiple times a week? No, you fucking weren't." I seethed, struggling against the ropes surrounding my torso. He'd put them on the last time I got violent with him.-. I was literally aching to harm him.

   "You fucking broke my fucking heart, you stupid fucking bitch!" James snarled, a murderous look in his eyes. "And now I'm gonna break yours!" A chilling smile grew upon his face as he advanced on me, duct tape in hand.

   "How?!" I screamed at him, but he wasn't paying attention to me anymore. Instead, he pocketed the roll of duct tape before pulling out a switch blade. My eyes widened.

   "C'mon, up you get," James said in a bored tone. I swear, he MUST be bipolar, what with how often his mood switches.

He grabbed the rope that currently kept my hands together and lifted me to my feet, popping the blade open.

   "Where are we going? It can't possibly be 11 yet..." I said warily.

   "Well, seeing as you haven't been out in a couple of hours, we're going to the bathroom." He said carelessly. "I'd rather not have my storage unit smelling of urine, so," oh, joy.

I sighed. "Well, I need to take a shit." I said bluntly. Lied, actually. I don't really need to, I'm just trying to get some time to myself.

   "Ugh, that's fucking disgusting. I didn't need to know this," he sounded disgusted. Good, he should be.-. We walked out side and I quickly took in a deep breath of fresh air. God, it feels so nice to be out in the open. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like.

The sun hung over the edge of the horizon, so it's probably around 8 or something.

He lead me around to the back of the unit before he cut the ropes off of my arms. "Don't even THINK about trying anything, slut. If you do, you know exactly what's gonna happen." He spat out, staring me down.

Feeling cocky, I replied with, "is that a threat?" To which he quickly brought out the blade and pressed to my neck. I could feel the skin break, but I didn't care.

   "It's a fucking promise." He snarled, his putrid breath hitting my face. Yuck, ever heard of BreathSavers? But of course, I didn't say that aloud.

He narrowed his eyes at me before staring at my lips. I hated the way he stared at me! It was like the way a hawk watches its prey.

Which kind of fit the situation, but still. I fucking hated it.

   "Can you leave now? I'm trying to fucking sh-" he cut me off by roughly pressing his lips to mine. He practically shoved his tongue down my throat, that creep! I pushed him away, spitting on the ground.

I grimaced, glaring daggers at him. He just smirked before walking away. I waited until he was around the other side of the building before I scanned my surroundings.

We were more or less in the middle of nowhere, so that narrowed down my options. I know that it was a stupid thing to do, but I still decided to run. I knew the consequences, I'd most likely get the shit beat out of me. That was James's idea of 'teaching me a lesson'.

But I could honestly give two fucks. Vic was alive and waiting for me, so I ran around the side of the unit. His car was parked at the front of the building, I knew that much. I could probably hotwire it. When you're raised the way I was, you tend to know how to do these things.

I only had so much time, though, so I had to make it speedy.

I was at the driver's side of the vehicle when I realized it was locked. Fuck, I didn't have anything to pick the lock with! Fucking fuck.

   "Hey, what the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I heard James's alarmed voice shout. Oh, shit. I didn't know what to do now. He was already running over to me. I couldn't help myself- I tried to run. As useless as I knew it would be, panic took over and I bolted.

Obviously, I didn't make it far. I haven't been eating regularly these past couple of weeks, and that greatly affected my energy and stamina levels.

James tackled me from behind and we both fell to the gravel, him on top of me. "You sneaky little bitch!" He shouted from behind me. He got off of me and quickly hauled me up before spinning me around to face him. "I should fucking kill you for that!" He yelled, slapping me across the face. It stung, sure, but I'd gotten used to this.

I closed my eyes and took it; after all, I deserved this. I deserved to get punished.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

I don't know, guys. I'm almost finished with this story; only a couple chapters left. Alright? Alright. Thanks for the 5000+ reads, guys! I wasn't expecting to get THAT many! This story is complete shit and doesn't make any sense. But thanks for sticking with me.

Bye!

~Gavi