Chapter 17

Pffffftttt... I don't feel like things actually added up in the last few chapters. Zoe, as you probably know, is like 18. Fresh out of High school. Ugh. Then I put that she dated James in freshman year, and did that for like a year and a half. So that's like the summer before sophomore year...

UGH ALRIGHT EVERYBODY WHO'S PAYING ATTENTION: THIS MIGHT NOT MAKE SENSE. BUT YOLO, BITCH. READ THE MOTHERFUCKER.

Gah, I'm sorry. Here ya go, yo.-.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«ZPOV»

Blinking, I opened my eyes. An unpleasant beep-beep noise filled my ears and all I could smell was that too clean disinfectant smell. A hospital.

What was I doing here...?

My head ached. What the hell happened, and where was.. where was James? That's probably why I was here.

Fucking James.

"Ooh, look who's finally awake!" A nurse hurried to my side. "How's your head?"

"It fucking hurts," I mumbled, rubbing my exposed wrist.

Exposed WRIST.

Glancing down, I saw the familiar scars plus more. Some looked a little more recent, though. When did I do this...?

"It should, you've been out for a couple hours now," she said, staring down at me worriedly. Huh. A nurse who actually cared, that's new. "I'll go get Dr. Olson, hun,"

"Wait, do you know what happened?" I called, but she was already out the door.

What the hell? Why am I here? I feel like I'm missing something. Or a lot of things..

The doctor came in.

"Zoe Hyperion?" He asked, staring at his clipboard.

"The one and only," I muttered, holding my head. I hated this feeling, ugh.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like complete SHIT," I sighed. "What the hell happened?" I asked. Ooh, the question of the day.

"You had a nasty fall, got a concussion, and-" he glanced at me. "Do you know the date?"

"Uhh..." I had to think. After a minute, I looked up at him hopelessly. Narrowing his eyes, he gave the date.

"That's not right," 2013 my ass. It was sometime in July, 2012. Right?

"Memory loss. You're suffering from memory loss. How much isn't known at the moment, but you seem to be almost a year behind. I'll go tell your friends that you're awake, then," he walked out.

Memory loss? What even.

And friends? Who did I have besides Madi? He said it like friendS, plural. So I don't know.

I was tracing my wrist absent mindedly when the door opened a smidge.

"Yes, of course," I heard the doctor say, and I looked up. Some guy with tan skin, long brown hair, and pretty eyes walked in.

"Hey, darling, it's Vic," he said, sitting down next to me. Who?

"Vic...?" I was a little confused, I'll admit that much. This guy, his voice, his appearance, his pretty golden brown eyes. It all looked familiar.

"Fuentes, babe. Vic Fuentes," his name was familiar, too. But..

"I feel like I should know who you are, Vic... but..." I met his pretty, familiar brown eyes. "I don't know who the fuck you are." I saw the emotions flit across his face.