Chapter 24

Once again... i'M SORRy about last chapter. I just thought it would help with the plot and yEAH.-.

Warning: this story mIGHT NOT HAVE A HAPPY ENDING. keyword being MIGHT.

So yes. Next chapter and, as promised, Vic's(or someone else's) POV.

PROBABLY VIC'S. UGH CARRY ON NOW

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«VPOV»

It's been about 3 weeks since everything had happened. Zoe's been missing without a trace since then, too.

I had to stay in the hospital for a couple days for all my injuries.

About that, my injuries- I had a slight concussion (which might explain the voices I'd been hearing [unless I really aM cray cray]), I'd been sHOT in the chest( which narrowly missed all of the important stuff inside), I broke a couple bones, and other than a bunch of scrapes and bruises, I was fucking fantastic.

But my heart, oh Lord. It felt as if it'd been ripped to pieces. I missed Zoe, even if she didn't know who I was anymore. And it hurt, it hurt so fucking much. 

sigh.

ANY WHO.

The doctors said it was lucky that they'd found me when they did, I was literally MINUTES away from bleeding out. I could've dIED, but that wasn't important. What WAS important was how Zoe was doing. Was she okay, was she alive?

I sure hope so.

Jaime had tried making a joke about the whole ordeal, saying something along the lines of "Dude, this is just like the scene from Yeah Boy And Doll Face!"

Leave  it to Jaime to try to lighten such a serious mood. Whatever, I don't blame him.

Alright, so a little bit of background info. Today was Wednesday, July 24th. Our tour was scheduled to end on the 31st, which would've been next Wednesday, but it'd already been on hold for about 3 weeks now.

It was getting to the point where I wasn't sure if we should even continue it. I'm all for calling it off, not trying to be a party pooper, but we have another tour starting really soon. Jeez. I didn't know what to do anymore.

When Zoe went missing, I made the executive decision for all of us to stay in Baltimore. Mostly because I refused to leave Zoe behind, and somewhat because it'd be easier to record the song Jack and Alex had been talking about. And even if the guys didn't agree with me, but trust me they did, they wouldn't leave their girls behind. They (Madi, Scar, and Oli) were to close to Zoe to just abandon her. In a way, Zoe connected us all. Strange, isn't it? We've known her for just over 2 months now, and she was already a part of the Pierce the Veil family. So were Madi, Oli, and Scar, of course.

AnYwAys, back to the present.

I was currently in the studio with Alex, recording the vocals for their song A Love Like War. I've gotta admit, it's very catchy.

      "Hearts on fire tonight, feel my bones igni-" I choked on my voice. It's complete shit today, ugh.

   "C'mon, yo. We go together or we don't go down at all, Vic!" Alex tried to encourage me, but it wasn't working.

I just-

Fuck, you've no idea how much I fucking missed Zoe. I was gonna murder James when this was all over-my thoughts were interrupted by the infernal ringing of my iPhone. I sighed, slumping back over. Alex would answer it for me.

   "Love like wa-a-a-ar, a love like war," I sang softly, holding the huge headphones to my ears, eyes squeezed tightly shut. Hearing a faint whoop, I opened my eyes. On the other side of the glass stood none other than Alex, an incredulous look on his face.  "VIC!" He shouted, turning around to get my attention. "THIS GUY SAYS HE KNOWS WHERE ZOE IS!"

I was at his side in a flash, tugging the phone out of his hands. "Hello, Vic Fuentes speaking." I said, feeling hope spread through me for the first time in weeks.

   "Hello, Mr. Fuentes. You may or may not know who I am, but we have something in common. Zoe Hyperion." Just the way he said it gave me goosebumps.

   "Who is this?" I questioned, confused.

   "That is for me to know and you to find out." He said shortly. "Now, to get to business; you're looking for Zoe, yes?"

   "Of fucking course!" I replied, getting an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

   "Well, I'd like you to know that your efforts are futile. Nobody'll ever find where she's stored, not without my intuition."

Oh shit. "Where is she?" I demanded, feeling both scared and angry. Who does this guy think he is?

I heard slight shuffling and some sort of tapping. Suddenly, everything got louder. I assumed he put speakerphone on or something.

   "Zoe, darling, somebody wants to talk to you." He called, and I heard the sound of tape being ripped. Immediately, somebody started yelling angry profanities.

   "Fuck you, James! Let me fucking go!" that was when I knew it was her. I turned to Alex with wide eyes, mouthing 'they've got Zoe!'

   "Oh shit," Alex mumbled before pulling out his phone and walking away. "Stall them as long as possible!"

I nodded before putting my ear back to the phone. "It's your boyfriend, don't you wanna speak to him?" the guy sneered, and I heard Zoe's breathing hitch. "V-Vic? Give me the phone!"

   "Zoe! Where are you?" I asked as soon as the phone had been passed over.

   "I don't know, are you okay?" She asked hurriedly, as if she only had so much time. Her voice was a lot softer now that she wasn't screaming at whoever James was.

   "I'm fucking fantastic. I'm more worried about you if I'm being perfectly honest."

She paused for a minute. "I remember. Everything." She uttered, her voice trembling. She sounded ready to cry. Aww, that are me want to cry ;-;

Wait, what?

   "And I love y-" she was abruptly cut off.

   "Enough chitchat, lovers." James interrupted, and I could faintly hear Zoe screaming profanities again in the background. "It Is possible to save her, ya know." He said nonchalantly, after a moment of maniacal laughter. 

   "How?" I asked desperately.

   "Well, an exchange'll have to be made. Say, her life for yours?" He bargained. Without a second of hesitation, I agreed. I'd do anything for her.

   "Meet me at the cemetery tonight, 11 o'clock sharp. Come alone, and if I catch any sign of the police she's dead. We'll be seeing each other real soon, Victor. Goodbye." The line went dead.

   "Fuck!" I shouted in frustration, chucking the phone at the wall, just as Alex came back in. He looked at me with uncertain eyes, holding up his hands in defense.

   "Woah, settle down there Fuentes," he said cautiously. "What happened?"

Sighing, I sat down on the red velvety couch that they (All Time Low) had in their recording studio and began explaining as thoroughly as possible.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Once again, I hope you guys liked the latest installment of STTOKR. ALSO. I JUST GOT OUT OF SCHOOL AND YESSSSSS WINTER BREAK <3

SHOUT OUT TO @GatewayToInfinity FOR REMINDING ME TO POST!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, DEAR READERS!

Toodloo!

~Gavi