Chapter 22

UGH SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE FOR A MONTH ;-;

Lul sorry for the cliffie aGAIN AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No but really. I lost my thought process again, and everything you're reading is completely random. Also, if anything seems really happy, sad, depressing, angst, etc., that's just my current mood. Ugh whatevs here's the next chapter.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

«VPOV»

"Ughhh..." I groaned, rolling over. Opening my eyes, I was greeted by bright sunlight.

My head throbbed, and I had no idea why.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Was there a reason why I was lying in a ditch? and wHY DOES EVERYTHING HURT SO MUCH UGHH MOTHERFUCKING SH-

Oh, Lord. My head was wet. And really hurt.

Blinking confusedly[A/N: is that how you say it UGH IDEK MAN], I touched the back of my head, feeling my fingers become wet with a warm, sticky substance. Oh, please...

Glancing down at my hand, I was confused. A deep crimson color stained the palm of my hand.

Well, that would explain the epic-but-not-in-a-cool-way migraine that was raging in the back of my skull.

But not why I was sitting in a ditch. My memory was really fuzzy and I couldn't remember what'd happened.

"Ouch," I murmured as I gingerly held my head in my hands. Think, Vic, what happened?

*flashback of sorts*

"Shhh," I whispered, holding my finger to my lips. We were creeping along the branches from tree to tree.

"What if we fall?" Zoe squeaked, emerald eyes uncertain.

"You've got so much to learn about gravity," I joked, laughing as quietly as possible.

"But-" I cut her off.

"So live it up baby, don't look down!" I sang softly, smiling.

She looked down. "These trees aren't the same as the ones I used to hide in when I was younger, though."

"Don't look down," I repeated, watching her take a deep breath before meeting my eyes. Zoe still looked worried, though, so I held out my hand. She gladly took it, pink tinting her pale cheeks.

We quickly made work of the rest of the tree, before sliding down the trunk.

"C'mon, this way!" I mouthed, towing her along behind me. We made it to the edge of the forest; we were on the brink of freedom.

Something didn't seem right.

"We made it!" Zoe smiled triumphantly, breathing heavily. She held up her hand and we high-fived.

"Did you really?" A harsh voice whispered from behind us. The last thing I heard was Zoe screaming bloody murder before everything went black.

*flashback thing over now lel*

Oh, shit. Oh, sHIT. WHERE THE FUCK DID ZOE GO THEN? OH LORD.

I have no idea how I even got way over here in this ditch but that didn't matter. What mattered was the fact that Zoe is MIA, with the possibility of kidnap lingering in the air.

"Zoe?" I called out hoarsely, stumbling off of my feet. My entire body ached more than it should; I'd probably broken a couple bones.

I'VE BROKEN BONES FOR YOU!!!